Christmas and Birthday wrapped into one

Started by DutchMo, January 06, 2015, 09:56:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMo

So the bad thing about those of us with early January birthdays is that everything sort of gets lumped in with Christmas.

But the good thing is... there are twice as many gifts  [cool].

In my case, that meant I was gifted an entire new library over the past couple of weeks.  Kudos to my loving wife for supporting my newfound addiction hobby. I've skimmed most of the books, and I've found them all to be excellent reads - well documented, clearly illustrated, and easy to understand.  I love all the practical tips in the "Working Alone" book.  Thanks, John Raabe, for compiling the reading list.  I've not been disappointed with the recommendations.

Light reading to commence over the next several weeks.  I'd best study up - the test isn't on paper, it's in all 3 dimensions of real life!

MountainDon

[cool]   I always considered myself lucky with a mid year birthday.   ;D

One of our preschoolers was born on the 24th December.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

stoneturtle

My daughter was born 36 minutes before midnight on Dec 31.  She loves it, the whole world parties and she can find a great time no matter where she is stationed!

Having said that, it's a particularly bad time to go to a big city hospital for an emergency C-section.  Seriously.

Lora
(Planning to build in Pulaski County, KY)

MushCreek

That's a good start. I've never actually added up all of my house-building books, but it's a pretty good collection. I need to figure out how to sell them soon, as I'm almost done, and far too old to tackle another house! I also have several large 'books' on my computer, including IBC codes and NEC codes.
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

DutchMo

MushCreek, my wife tells me she bought most of these used on Amazon.  All are in great condition.  I'm not sure how someone goes about selling them on Amazon, but you should be able to sell them and get some $$ for them that way.