20x30 1 1/2 story in Northern PA

Started by peteh2833, August 24, 2007, 05:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peteh2833

Here is the begining of my project. It will be a slow project but as I complete parts I will post and keep everyone up to date. Here is the begining of the piers. Here are 2 pictures from pouring the piers. The one picture has the camp in the back ground and the 14 piers for the 1 1/2 story 20x30 addition. Also my 2 little helpers are in the back ground. The other picture is looking down one of the 14 piers. More to come.

Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

peteh2833

Just to keep everyone updated. I haven't made it back to camp lately. With school starting and my 3rd baby due in less than 2 weeks I haven't been able to get up there. I hope to get the floor framed in the fall or winter.
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

glenn kangiser

Three babies in less than two weeks -- that's gotta hurt. ;D

Please keep us posted. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peteh2833

Sorry should have stated it better. I have a 6yr old, a 4yr old, and a new baby in less than 2 weeks.
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

glenn kangiser

No problem -- I was just giving you a bad time. :)

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

peteh2833

I ordered my lumber yesterday for the cabin. I ordered enough lumber to get the place dried in. Also had a 10% coupon off at Lowes and 12 months same as cash. Hope to get started in a few weeks. They also are delivering the lumber all the way to camp which is 100 miles from the store for $134. Can't beat that. Lumber will be there July 15. More to follow. Pete
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

glenn kangiser

Sounds good, Pete.  That should give you a good start.

peteh2833

Yes it will. The only lumber I'm missing is the loft floor joists. I'll probably get the local sawmill at camp to make some 4x12x20's for the floor joists so I can leave them exposed on the first floor. I have all of the other lumber need for subfloor, walls, rafters, ridge beam, wall sheathing and roof sheathing and headers for windows and doors. I know I'll be making a few more trips to the lumber yard but this should get me pretty far. Hopefully I can get it dried in before winter. Pete
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

glenn kangiser

Well, It looks like your crew in the top pix is ready to go to work, so you better try to keep up.  Keep us posted, Pete.

peteh2833

The lumber was finally delivered on Monday, July 21. I got the new septic line run and the steel beam down the center of the camp. I also got the ground covered under the camp with a vapor barrior and 2b gravel. Forgot the camera so I'll get some Pics next time. I'll probably start the sub floor in a week or so.
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

Sassy

So did you have a boy or girl?  Congratulations - need pics of the new little one, also  :)

You're making good progress now,
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

peteh2833

I have a son that is 7, daughter that is 5, and the youngest one, a boy is 10 months now. Hope to be framing soon.
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

peteh2833

Well I got the beams installed and all squared up. Corner to corner was right on the money and everything else is level. I also got the beams anchored to the piers and the front double 2x10's installed. Just no picture of the 2x10's. We had some heavy rain so I had to work between the rain drops. Hopefully next week will be the floor joists and sub floor. Here is a couple pics. Pete

Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

gandalfthegrey

I grew up not far from your camp, in Coudersport, PA.  Been to Tionesta and Braadley.  Looks like your getting it  things together just fine.
Bad Wolf

peteh2833

Thanks. We used to go to family camp up on Denton Hill off of Billy Lewis Rd. I bought this place a few years ago so that my family would have their own place to go to. Now we have out grown the smaller camp so I'm building a bigger one. Pete
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

peteh2833

I got the joists in and the center blocking done. Forgot the camera so I'll get some pics next week when I'm up at camp. More to come. Pete
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

peteh2833

Here is the latest progress. I forgot the camera last time so here are the pictures of the floor joists and then the recent pictures of the plywood on the subfloor. Pete

Floor Joists

Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

glenn kangiser

Looks good Pete. 

One of those deck pictures was supposed to have someone dancing on it.  A tradition here. :)

peteh2833

My daughter was but I didn't get a picture of it!!!!   d* Pete
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

ScottA

Nice work. I hope you still have room to get under it for plumbing and such.

peteh2833

I already ran the drain pipes for the kitchen and bathroom. I left a sheet of plywood unsecured over the bathroom area so that I could get to it later. I'm still undecided on insulating the floor. I might just put another layer of plywood down and then hardwood floors and see how it is.
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

peteh2833

Here is what 1 1/2 days with help do for you. I got all 4 walls up, the let in ledger done and some of the sheathing on. It is all square and plum. Can't wait to get the joists up so I can get the rafters up and the roof on and dried in before winter. Also, we were able to make a make shift roof from a big tarp that I had. Keeps the rain off!!!!!!!!

Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp

glenn kangiser

Redoverfarm

peteh2833 yes it is amazing what an extra set of hands will do.  Moving right along.  At least in the dry somewhat.  Keep us posted.

peteh2833

Thanks. I also picked up the rough cut floor joists for the loft. They look really nice. Hopefully I'll be taking them up there and installing in a couple weeks. Pete
Pittsburgh Pa for home

Tionesta Pa for Camp