Dishwasher and other Opposite-Sex Frustrations

Started by Adam Roby, March 06, 2016, 12:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Roby

I have come to the conclusion that my wife's mind and thinking is directly aligned with how she fills the dishwasher.
I have been trying for years to explain the very basic concept that the guides in the dishwasher are there to align the dishes neatly and uniformly, but she still puts every dish in on an angle, bowls - plates - cups - whatever side by side, top of each other, in what can only be likened to emptying a box of dishes in and letting them fall where they may.  "Why didn't this thing get cleaned?" - "Cause it was facing the wall with a huge bowl over it" - "???".
Her daily dishwasher loads (for a family of 3) can easily be extended to a week (or close to) when I go through the trouble of rearranging everything.

We've been slowly trimming the fat on our phone and satellite services, trying to reduce monthly costs.  I've had the plan over a year ago, possibly two but it takes time to explain each step and get approval.  It seems if a complete stranger explains the exact same thing, it is taken as fact where when I explain it, I must be wrong. My explanation that the internet on her iPhone is the same as on her laptop eludes her.  Using an internet phone for $10 per month versus a hard line costing $70 for the same service, there must be a catch... unless the 16 year old at the Fido counter explains it to her.  Spaghetti thinking, goes with the spaghetti dishwasher filling.

Now, my wife is very intelligent.  She has a great job, gets paid more than me, and even has "life" smarts.  I don't think it is an intelligence thing, more of a "don't want to be bothered thing".

Anyways, I was frustrated and was wondering if any of you had similar frustrations with the opposite sex. 
It could be a woman not understanding a man's thinking (I am sure my wife has plenty of those examples). 

flyingvan

Find what you love and let it kill you.

Adam Roby

Disclaimer: 

If your wife is also on this forum, reconsider replying.

:)

Bob S.

I'm safe as my wife is not on country plans. But as a guy with 50+ years of marital bliss under his belt, I would guess it has to do with the kitchen not being in your territory. I would just let her wash them as meany times as she want to.
Bob

rick91351

Quote from: Bob S. on March 06, 2016, 08:40:11 PM
I'm safe as my wife is not on country plans. But as a guy with 50+ years of marital bliss under his belt, I would guess it has to do with the kitchen not being in your territory. I would just let her wash them as meany times as she want to.
Bob

Our 43 years says much the same.  Or do you want to be right or be happy?  They are not even close to the same......
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Adam Roby

Sometimes marital frustrations are not a voluntary reaction...  I would more categorize this in the "humor" section than actual frustration though... thought it would trigger more funny replies, guess I was wrong or your wives are hovering over your shoulders.

garyc

The paperback edition of "Understanding Women" has finally arrived in book stores!
If it wasn't for bad luck . I would 't have any luck at all.

MushCreek

My wife has never, EVER made a mistake doing household chores! d*
Jay

I'm not poor- I'm financially underpowered.

azgreg

Quote from: garyc on March 06, 2016, 10:38:01 PM

The paperback edition of "Understanding Women" has finally arrived in book stores!

What you see there is just the table of contents.

garyc

If it wasn't for bad luck . I would 't have any luck at all.

glenn kangiser

I am a bit hesitant to join in here because my wife is perfect.....

Here she is chopping wood for the fire......

and here she is running the sawmill,

Trouble loading the dishwasher?  She is the dishwasher.   She is also an Electrical engineer so loading the dishwasher would not be a major problem.

Oh, cooking... she is a great cook. 

Before anyone condemns me, I actually try to be sure I do nearly as much as she does.... 

She is from Burma and unfamiliar with western ways after 50 years of military rule.  I strive to preserve her culture.   :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Adam Roby

I was going to say... maybe you should let her post about her frustrations with you!  :)

Yeah, could be a North American thing...  my wife won't even fill her own gas tank.  God forbid she get stuck somewhere if there is only self serve... she would no doubt call me for help.  She does cook well though, and was a 5 star 4 diamond chef at a "haut cuisine" French restaurant (only one that had both 5 stars and 4 diamonds at the same time in North America I believe).  Now it's mostly sausage and potatoes... but I can't complain or I eat out of a box for a week. 

glenn kangiser

To be fair here, I have to say, I started over last year.  [ouch]

My wife has no frustrations with me.  :)   She really is perfect.  :)

She just read this and said, "Really, I'm never frustrated?"  I said, "Are you?"  She replied... "No."  "I just want to be happy here... and everywhere." 

If she doesn't agree we simply discuss it.  No problems.  Many times she has a better idea than me.  She is mechanically inclined and has been the breadwinner in the family since she was 11 years old. Now she is 39.   She did ask for $10 per day to put away for a rainy day in case we need it.   :)

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.