Privacy Issues

Started by jonsey/downunder, March 31, 2006, 03:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonsey/downunder

You reckon you guys have got problems with phone taps and such. Check this out :-/ http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/print/0,1478,3621617a13,00.html
I've got nothing on today. This is not to say I'm naked. I'm just sans........ Plans.

glenn kangiser

They can do that to me, Jonesy-- right after they kill me. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Amanda_931

Yes Jonsey but chipping workers started in the US.

Sassy

Anybody read the book SPYCHIPS by Katherine Albrecht & Liz McIntyre?  Here's a quote by IBM  "The widespread use of RFID tags on merchandise such as clothing would make it possible for the locations of people, animals, & objects to be tracked on a global scale--a privacy invasion of Orwellian proportions."  IBM U.S. patent application 20020116274

IBM has developed a device actually named the "person tracking unit" that can zero in on your RFID tagged products & use them to watch you like a hawk.  "Although the systems... of the present invention... have been described in context of a retail store, it can be applied to other locations having roaming areas, such as shopping malls, airports, train stations, bus stations, elevators, trains, airplanes, restrooms, sports arenas, libraries, theaters, museums, etc."

"Once the exact identiity or some demographics or other characteristics of the person have been determined, the person tracking unit relies on the information to tract the person as the person moves through the roaming areas.  The person tracking unit may assign a tracking number in each iidentified person, and store the tracking number in association with the collection of RFID tagged product information."  

Bank of America has a great plan... "There is a need for a public advertising & announcement device that has the ability to identify specific individuals in groups of individuals who come into contact with the device, the ability to collect, gather & use personal information about those indiividuals or groups to select & present more interesting, targeted ads & announcements...." that would include audio messages directed to you as you stand in front of posters etc...

"If I talk to companies & ask them if they want to replace the bar code with these tags, the answer can't be anything but yes.  It's like giving them an opportunity to rule the world."  ---Steve Halliday, vice preseident of technology at AIM Global

RFID (radio frequency indentification) is BIG BUSINESS!!!  
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Amanda_931

I'm mildly addicted to audiobooks, just finished (excellent readings by the way) Animal Farm and 1984.

Throughout the latter I kept wondering "how did they ever keep track of all those people given the technology described in the book."

They could do it now.  And are starting with farm animals.

"You don't want bird flu???  You don't want mad cow disease or anthrax now do you?  Don't you want your children to be safe??"

glenn kangiser

IBM supplied the technology for Hitler to track his Jewish victims with.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Current information on illegal Bush Regime spying on US citizens and information on why it is illegal.

http://www.nsawatch.org/

PEG688

illegal Bush Regime
http://www.nsawatch.org/

Baiting the hook early this Sunday I see ;D

PEG
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn kangiser

The board has been a bit dead lately, PEG -- I needed something controversial  :) --I'm trying to get the ones willing to give up their rights and possibly even willing to get chipped to participate.  :)

I wanted them to know that if some surveillance official arbitrarily decides they are a terrorist or they accidentally donate to the wrong group etc. they could be subject to detention without access to legal representation.  This can easily be applied to dissenters also thanks to the Patriot Act.  Halliburton has contracts for detention centers in the US at this time.  If you believe it's for illegal immigrants I have some beach front property in Arizona-------- :-/  Thanks, PEG :)

http://www.blackcommentator.com/171/171_freedom_rider_halliburton_detention_centers.html

PEG688

accidentally donate to the wrong group

Like Hamas, al-Qaeda , etc.  Not really like donating to Habitat for Humanity.

What wrong group are you "Accidentally" donating to  ? DNC  ::)
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

glenn-k

I was thinking more like an organization -maybe even Christian, providing relief to bombed out Iraqi civilians such as the ones we used white phosphorus and napalm on in Fallujah.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1115-03.htm

Unlike our government government officials, Hamas was legally voted in-- no electronic voting machines with open back doors and not installed by their court system.

Sassy

Talking about detention centers, anybody read about the CDC's  Model StateEmergency Health Powers Act  ?  

Now that we have the threatened  bird flu... great way to utilize those detention centers...

Here's a doctor's views on the recent The First National  Summit on Bird Flu with speakers from the UN, WHO & the CDC

And finally, here's a sad article on what is happening to some of the farmers whose livelihoods have been destroyed...  suicides

peg_688

Your still fighting the election from 2001? Come on Al Gore moved on.orged old news.

So just like Chris Gregoire is duelly appointed Gov. of Wa. same deal Deno and the Rep's got screwed she is the Gov.  Bush is the Pres. and most folks give him more" credit" most of it ill willed , for things the Pres. is not derectly responsible for.

So move on , get a "good" :-/ can there be one good politician , that could run for Pres.???

So we'll have some one new to kick around , if we make 2008 ::)  Meaning the world , not Bush being inpeached . If that lieing cheating POS Clinton couldn't be removed , no one can.

Remember Vince Foster if your going to vote for Hiliary, rumor has it she had him shoot himself 6 times in the head , and ya know if  guy had to be around her he might be able to pull the trigger 6 times on himself , just to get away ;D

I got to go build some thing , that soiled feeeling has just swept over me , must be the Clinton thoughts  :o

Have a great USA day, watch out for Black helo's , and computer wire taps , oh ya and be careful who you call on your cell phone those to Fl. folks who wire taped the Rep. dude in Fl. still are on the loose , and they just happened to have the stuff in the car. and just happened to pickup that phone link, ::)

How many body bags did the Clintons fill in Ark. and other political runs , 80 / or 90 , Humm ;)

Oh ya , Later , PEG

PS Independent voter , IMO, is code for liberal Democrat.

glenn-k

Good one PEG. ;D  I love it.  You are right about the body bags---they all have a trail of death behind them if you dig deep enough.

You're right again- no one is competent  to run this country other than myself and I'm too busy- I won't vote for a single one of the incompetents since our votes are manipulated anyway so it is a moot point.

The only thing the vote is there for is to give the unknowing masses the illusion of having a say in the election of their government officials.  It makes them follow more willingly.

I bet you build real fast today with that adrenaline rush I gave you.  Have a good day PEG :)

glenn-k

QuoteYour still fighting the election from 2001? Come on Al Gore moved on

See what I'm talking about, PEG.  You just made yourself a poster boy for the masses.  You perfectly illustrated exactly what I've been saying.

Never mind the man behind the curtain.  Just accept it,  "Move on" - forget it --follow without question - be a team player.

You have willingly given up your rights - they just made you think you wanted to do it, because he was the one you wanted - the other half weren't as happy but went along because they had no choice - none of the choices offered in 2000 or 2004 were acceptable nor will they be in the future.  Whoever corporate America wants in office will be installed one way or the other.  Choice doesn't matter due to voting machine fraud.  Only ones who are directly connected to big money will be offered.  Choices that are good for the people won't be offered.  Too much money and corruption involved.  

You forget that I don't want any of the jerks - I have no suggestions to fix the corrupt system.  I just want the people to realize that they are all getting shafted by the establishment. The debts and legacy of hate left behind will have to be dealt with by our children.

My greatest accomplishment in school was living through it and never becoming a team player. :)

Let's go build something, eh?, PEG. :)

peg_688

QuoteYour still fighting the election from 2001? Come on Al Gore moved on

See what I'm talking about, PEG.  You just made yourself a poster boy for the masses.  You perfectly illustrated exactly what I've been saying.

Hardly a poster boy, I did vote for Bush as Gore is just more Clinton , Oh ya he did say he invented the internet, Hummm ::)

Never mind the man behind the curtain.  Just accept it,  "Move on" - forget it --follow without question - be a team player.

So IYO there where no questions asked after that election ?  And if Gore had been deemed the winner , all would be well???

You have willingly given up your rights

That could be your opinion , but it is not a fact

- they just made you think you wanted to do it, because he was the one you wanted -

I felt the result was as right as any election could have been , irregularitys are the norm

the other half weren't as happy but went along because they had no choice - none of the choices offered in 2000 or 2004 were acceptable nor will they be in the future.

Form a electable / vialable 3rd part , it is well within your rights , if you are a citizen of this country.

Whoever corporate America wants in office will be installed one way or the other.  

By this I assume you no longer vote , as it is a done deal in this way of thinking

Choice doesn't matter due to voting machine fraud.  Only ones who are directly connected to big money will be offered.  Choices that are good for the people won't be offered.  Too much money and corruption involved.  

Same as above . Why vote if all these conditions are in place

You forget that I don't want any of the jerks - I have no suggestions to fix the corrupt system.

Again start a electable 3rd party, if you want a suggestion,,,,, or turn on,  tune out , etc  

I just want the people to realize that they are all getting shafted by the establishment. The debts and legacy of hate left behind will have to be dealt with by our children.

Well yes the children , oh well maybe they will fix it . Our group 40 to 60 year olds got fat and lazy, didn't care soon enought and /or for long enought.

My greatest accomplishment in school was living through it and never becoming a team player. :)

Jee you made it through school  :o

Let's go build something, eh?, PEG. :)

I went and did a major clean up of the shop , got a big / now small pile of free stuff out front and a pickup load ready for free dump day on THE MAN (city of OH) locked and loaded for the 15th, figure "I'll stick it to the city" ,one more time  ;D

Reminds me of a joke , a priest ,a Minister , and a rabi are standing by a road with a big sign that sez , THE END IS NEAR!,  cars go by yelling" freaks" , "jacka$$'s "," etc ".  

Final the Pastor sez maybe the sign should say , THE BRIDGE IS OUT!

Gee I crack me up, Great idea this venting area ,,, as long as we all ,,,don't take ourselfs or others to serious  ;D  

PEG

glenn-k

That's what you pay all those taxes for PEG-- nail it to him. :)

I was just yanking your chain a bit, PEG--  I learned it from Seth. ;D

I hooked up the underground washer and drier today.  

I watched the election joke - once again there was no way for a good outcome.

Third party -- John John Kennedy was supposedly trying to be a third party but died under very questionable circumstances - not that I would have wanted him either -- just an example.

You seem to have most of the rest  of it about right --

School - yeah I graduated from HS but skipped the ceremony - didn't want to wear one of those dumb hats.  I was rather disruptive in school I think.

Easy with the jokes, PEG - you're killing me. :)

peg_688

I was just yanking your chain a bit, PEG--  I learned it from Seth. ;D

Just yankin back ;)

I hooked up the underground washer and drier today.

Ya Sassy said ya did , did you do the whites with the colored stuff on purpose ? 

Third party -- John John Kennedy was supposedly trying to be a third party but died under very questionable circumstances -

Questionable  :-/ Gee he left late , flew into a coming storm , was not night rated. Going to a small airport 30 miles out at sea  :o

Ya questionable on his part , what that pilot saying ,  "Theres bold pilots , and old pilots , but no old ,bold pilots " or some such.    

You seem to have most of the rest  of it about right --

Now your talkin  ;)

School - yeah I graduated from HS but skipped the ceremony - didn't want to wear one of those dumb hats.  I was rather disruptive in school I think.

I should have went with the, "I thought you had your masters "  angle.  Oh well thought of that mowing the lawn ;D  

Easy with the jokes, PEG - you're killing me. :)

Slow and agonizing I hope  ;D

PEG

glenn-k

I'm a pilot and don't believe Kennedy Jr. was that incompetent. I did at first until I researched it more.

Kennedy Jr. info

http://www.beverlyunderground.com/issue9/rabbithole.htm

http://www.john-f-kennedy-jr.com/murdered.htm

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/CRASH/JFK_JR/jj.html

Seems this information at least provides reasonable doubt.

peg_688

I'm a pilot and don't believe Kennedy Jr. was that incompetent. I did at first until I researched it more.

So you knew JFK jr. and had flown with him more than once to establish his pilot competence ?

Seems this information at least provides reasonable doubt.

I'd say it removes doubt about a few things ;) Whether thats reasonable  :-/is undecided ;D

glenn-k

I didn't fly with him but if what is reported by the NTSB and others is true, then I know what training he went through, as I went through it also.  It is unlikely that he would have had that kind of a crash in that kind of a plane without outside help -- no wandering around as if lost - ok one minute - dead the next - beeline to the water  etc.  No partial control of the plane of any kind. Add that to the items of interest from the above articles - it looks suspicious at the least. :)

Amanda_931

At absolute minimum, George W Bush was not elected in 2000.  Even if you think he's made the best president since George Washington, you get to say that he was selected by the Supreme Court.  The Florida recount was not done.

Mother Jones magazine thought that the case for 2004 being stolen by the current administration--specifically in Ohio--was iffy.  Although the Ohio mess doesn't seem to have gone away since they published an article on that a while back--who owned part of what voting machine company, the idea of having the head of the state election commission able to be part of someone's election committee is nuts, head of a company that makes voting machines standing up and saying that he would do whatever it takes to give the election to Bush, and so on.