32 acres in Noxubee County, MS. Homesteaders dream come true.

Started by fishpharmer, July 05, 2010, 01:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Hello, I hate that this is my first post. It's not why I joined.  I joined because I followed Ol' jarhead on another forum, to follow his cabin build.  I am torn about selling this property.  I just no longer have enough time to justify it. 

It is in the middle of beautiful farm country, on dirt road, surrounded by Mennonite farms that are just fantastic neighbors.  It is all open slightly sloped, well draining land that can be built on just about anywhere.  Also has four ponds, power and a well.  It has one small shed now and some far equipment could be negotiated.  The north end of the property (southfacing) is a beautiful location to build a cabin/home that overlooks the whole property.  I always wanted to build an off grid cabin there with solar panels.  Property taxes are about $100.00 (yes, one hundred) per year. 

I bought it because its nearly a blank slate with beautiful open farmland.  You could plant trees, vegetables, crops and have livestock, not restrictions.  Or you could live on fish alone.  The four ponds are stocked with catfish.  Not sure how to post pics, but could email some. Asking  $89,000. Thanks

Tickhill

fishpharmer, I too am from the great state of Mississippi but I reside in the NE corner, 20 miles from TN and about 8 from AL. I used to hunt on Noxubee Wildlife Refuge and actually had my first "small" cabin on some private land within the refuge, it was a 8' wide by 16' long dual axle trailer with a house built on it, had a lean to also. It would keep you dry and warm and a place to sleep and that was about it but that was all a fellow needs! Wish you luck on your land sale. God Bless, from Tishomingo.
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time

glenn kangiser

Sounds like a cool place, but I'm staying out West.  Glad you two are on board. w*
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

fishpharmer

Thanks tickhill and glenn,

The place is on the opposite side of county from Noxubee Refuge.  Although I sure have enjoyed hunting the refuge myself.

Tickhill

Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Tickhill

fish, i sent you an email but did not ask, how many acres do you have?

DA i just read the heading of your post, sorry.

fishpharmer

I would finance this land with a good down payment if that would help.

Bandit

This post caught My eye as it is " Very Similar " to one on Homesteading Today . com forum  with a lot of confusing and contradicting questions that were never answered .
  I hope it s OK to post the link ? I feel better safe than sorry with all the scams out there .
  Bob
     http://www.homesteadingtoday.com/showthread.php?t=366117

fishpharmer

Okay, I really don't see the similarity except the "fish farm" part.  If they are grossing and netting that much they know a lot more than I.  I am going to help someone poor too.  Someone in Mississippi, ME.

Soon it will be listed here...
http://philipgoodrealty.com/default.aspx

I will post the details when available.

glenn kangiser

Tried to view it - just got a search page with 933 listings matching the search.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

IronPatriotTN

33 acres with mostly ponds and not a tree hardly in site, is going to be a hard sell.

(I think this is the pic on the right listing)

fishpharmer

That's the place, there are trees on East side.  It's open farmland.  Plant any kind of tree you like.  Lots of potential.