Looking in WA state

Started by Denise_in_Alaska, February 16, 2005, 10:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkerBell

QuoteLake Cushman. A Nice Area!

Here's a LINK
Gotta becarefull, some of the land out that way is leaseland only. Alot of thos lots 100years leases are up in the next 20 years.

jraabe

Interesting Stinkerbell. Are these leased parcels on tribal lands?

CREATIVE1

Last year the Lake Cushman residents almost bought out the leases, BUT a private company somehow got them instead. (lots of angry people pointing fingers, and I think for good reason) Most of the leases started in the 1960's, so there isn't an issue of them expiring any time soon.  Having dealt with leased property in other states, I would say it wouldn't even be an issue when the leases expire--they are usually just renegotiated.  It is my opinion that we will own the land ourselves at some point, and the property value will go up mucho.

If leases bother you, look at Colony Surf next door.

Denise_in_Alaska

Well, after more than 3 years of looking, I've finally found some property in NW Washington, and sure enough it's within 2 miles of Van Zandt, which is where I originally started looking.  I just wanted to say that I've visited this site often in the past three years, and it's kept me inspired and confident that I can build my own house.  This site is fabulous, and I know I'll be back often.

glenn kangiser

Keep talking, Denise -- we're listening.  Looking forward to seeing more of your project.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

John Raabe

Kind of neat seeing how persistence pays off...

Three years ago this thread started on an older version of the forum.

Onward and upward!
None of us are as smart as all of us.

Solar Burrito

j
Small Shelters, Off Grid Living, and Other Neat Stuff http://solarburrito.com

OlJarhead

dirtcheapdirt.com

20 acres for $40k is easy enough and in close proximity to a town.

Winters are warm as long as you are not up around 3000 feet (here in Richland it is generally a LOT warmer in the winter then in Seattle and we get a lot less rain.

I suspect it would not be hard to find decent land for fairly low cost near Spokane and you'd have more rain but colder winters (warm compared to Alaska though) in that region.

It's all a matter of choice though.