Barter

Started by glenn kangiser, April 20, 2008, 11:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

There was an old poem when I was in second grade called "For Barter".

I don't even remember what it was about but I still do lots of things for barter.

6 years ago I needed 10 loads of rock.  The guy who brought it found out I could weld.  He would not take my money.  Since then I have received more rock -- got work from him -- given work to him, worked together with him and become good networking friends. 

Today I went to see when he as ready for me to put his grapple on his excavator.  While we were thinking about it he asked if I would like to screen some rock with him.  Would I  d* d*  Of course -- I love toys.

I was given a choice of the backhoe/skip loader or the 966.  I took the 966.  About 4 cu. yds to the bucket.  I believe it was a 966 bucket I slept in next to the RR tracks after I put a ROPS  on it.  Got late so I needed a flat place to sleep back around 1990 or so.  Train came by and blew it's horn about 3 AM.  Nearly scared the crap out of me.

Here's todays ride -- for barter. 

He asked what he owed me for helping -- I told him I still owed him for rock -- we just keep trying to get even back and forth -- no one really counts.  I may pick up Bobcat jackhammer work at the quarry through him.  He gave me a giant trommel and a bunch of gold mining equipment.  I probably owe him now.

Anybody else get deals going for barter? hmm
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.