I am going to have some more time to work on the house this week. I need to dig some more holes for sonotube footings for our ever-expanding deck/porch. I have dug some of them by hand (post hole digger). I also need to dig a trench from the well to the house for the water line and run electric wire to the well for the pump. We have not put in a pump yet - just a ~300' hole (cased most of the way). I thought I might rent a machine to play with and dig both at the same time - so not a trencher - more of a mini/micro excavator. where we are in GA the frost line is < 12". I wasn't thinking about the plumbing/electrical yet - so I am unprepared as to how to do this. I searched, but the term "well" seems overused
I have also considered getting some more gravel (for various uses) and thought the machine might push it around easier than my shovel and wheel barrow.
So here are my questions.
1. how deep do I need to bury the water line?
2. the electric?
3. can they share? how much separation?
4. what type of wire do I need? ( I don't know the size of the pump I may have someone else install that. I'll have to look for the receipt from the well driller to know the refresh rate /gpm)
5. inside the house I am doing PEX. Should I put that in direct ground contact or use PVC?
6. what machine should I rent?
Let's start there (the more I ask the more I think I may need to wait).
I've got a couple of "electrical" and plumbing books, but they start at the breaker/bell. If you have a book to answer these miriad of questions, I can run up to the library. Worse case on this is that I go back to plan and wait till I read more. Meanwhile I'll buff up and slim down with the post-hole digger.