Author Topic: The New "Inserting Images into Forum Topics" Topic  (Read 572 times)

Offline MountainDon

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Jemez Mountains, NM; that's pronounced HEY-mess
    • My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin
The New "Inserting Images into Forum Topics" Topic
« on: July 05, 2017, 07:12:03 PM »
We have removed a couple of topics on image posting due to the late June, 2017 changes photobucket made to its user rules.

At present images to be posted into messages on our forums can not be uploaded directly to our forum. This is because of bandwidth costs and the desire of the operator to keep this site to be free of any membership costs. Images to be placed in messages must be hosted on a "third party"web service. There can be problems with this. In the past some image host sites have closed down, taking all the images into oblivion. Recently photobucket changed its terms of service and now wants to be paid a hefty annual fee by every user who wishes to post images to forums.

There are many image hosting sites. In the past we at countryplans have made recommendations we felt were good and viable. We have been proved wrong. As a result we can not make any recommendations at this time. Each image host should have a help or FAQ system to aid in how to use their resources to post images in forums. We do look forward to seeing your projects. If you have any questions we will do our best to assist. Leave a message here or PM one of the moderators. We thank you for your understanding.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn’t mean it is good design.

If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time and money to fix it?

Offline Danfish

Re: The New "Inserting Images into Forum Topics" Topic
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 07:56:00 AM »
How do you open a post that has already been "logged" to change the photo link?

Offline MountainDon

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Jemez Mountains, NM; that's pronounced HEY-mess
    • My 15.75 x 30 Jemez Cabin
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 12:30:08 PM »
That should be enabled. PM me if you have trouble.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn’t mean it is good design.

If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time and money to fix it?

Offline John Raabe

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Whidbey Island, WA
    • CountryPlans - About Us
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 03:51:27 PM »
Don: Thanks for helping with advice on image posting. I'm going to see if I can turn up any advice on how to work in this new reality.

John
None of us are as smart as all of us.

Offline John Raabe

• Administrator
  • Journeyman
  • Whidbey Island, WA
    • CountryPlans - About Us
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 07:07:06 PM »
https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php

The forum above has some interesting mods for SMF installations.
None of us are as smart as all of us.