My final Plan

Started by new land owner, October 06, 2010, 04:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new land owner

Well here it is my "Final Plan"  I am going to start in the spring on our camp project.  I think I have changed this plan daily for the last six month.  We are now at the stage of thinking about inside finishes.  I was planning on adding a second bedroom at a later date But I figured while the backhoe is there I might as well dig the foundation for the second bedroom. I will be having a full basement and plan on using the space under the second bedroom as a utility room.  As we are in the adirondacks I need to figure a way to keep a small portion of this camp warm between winter visits. As we will not have a well to start with I will be using a large water storage tank for our water supply.  There is a spring nearby and we can haul water to the camp. I plan to have the water drain back to the utility room and heat only that area between visits.  The area to the right will be a mud room and a place for wood storage so we do not have to go outside when I need to fill the wood stove. The biggest issue I had was to find a place for a set of stairs to the basement.  I put them behind the couch and it seems to have worked out.

This is a rendering of how the outside will look.

This is my tool shed I am building this summer as a test plan for the camp finishes.  I really like the board and batten and my brother in law just bought a saw mill so he is going to cut all the siding for my camp.

ScottA

That looks really good.  :)

Redoverfarm

Look like a very workable plan.  The only addition that I would consider is a roof over the front porch.  It will really add to your living space during the summer months.  I have a porch on both my house and the cabin.  Love them both.

new land owner

I agree with the front porch Idea but my wife likes the sun and we have this additonal living space.  My last years project.

Redoverfarm

Not real sure of your location but I would give her the snow shovel to the front door if you get snow. ;D

new land owner

Yes, we do get a little snow