bracket for 6x6 post?

Started by tesa, April 11, 2010, 08:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesa

so the anchor bolt goes into the concrete, then we attach a bracket for the post to sit in/on?

on my materials list, one is ac, and one is ace6

if i go to the simpson website, will they have pictures of them listed, i can't seem to see in my mind
what these brackets do

tesa
"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

diyfrank

Their web site does shows pictures. You may be able to get the catalog for free from Lowe's or home depot.
I have one and think it's easier than looking online for what I need.
Home is where you make it

MikeT

I may be off base here, but I think the brackets that you are referring to do not have anything to do with the anchor bolts and any foundation connection.  These are for the top of a 6x post where a beam is then connected.  The ACE6 is for a connection where the post hits the end of said beam.  And the AC is for a connection where a post is holding up a beam at a point in the middle of the beam.

At least that is how I would interpret things.

mt

glenn kangiser

Simpson has good online pix and a catalog you can download - here is a link

http://strongtie.com/

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

tesa

i thought the simpson brackets called for in the plans were for the tops of the posts, but it seemed odd that the only thing
holding our post to our footer would be one anchor bolt, but then again, this is my first rodeo

tesa
"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

PEG688

The AC series are wood to wood connectors :

Down at the post bottom you're looking at this type connector:   

Or a different one that uses a bolt:

The AB series is one to look at either on the site Glenn linked or in the catalog.

G/L PEG 
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .