our S.E. TX story and a half

Started by CjAl, September 26, 2011, 04:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CjAl

Thanks austin.

Funny how life slows things down once you move in. I have gotten very little done. We were going to have the septic done with our tax return and then the mill I work for blew up and I was out of work the better part of a month and we used the money to live on. So still no indoor plumbing and the wife is none too happy about it. Our $2300 septic quote has turned into $4k min now too.

CjAl

Well Like I said, it sucks living in a house while building it. Still no septic or running water but SOON. All the inside plumbing is in I just need a hot water greater and to rent the trencher. Septic is a different issue.

Its cooling off so I am ordering my chimney this payday. Not getting caught with my pants down again there.

I got the two Anderson windows 3x5 for $150 new

Then I put in some of my rough cut wainscoating and built a cedar mantle

My sander died half way through finishing my cabinets doors so the rest have to wait.

I have started to tile my shower almost ready to tile the bathroom floor but no pics yet.

CjAl

People who make their PEX system so nice and symmetrical have way too much time on their hands. Lol.

The closet was too narrow to put the manifold straight and get the pex to bend without kinking. I may come back later and remount it and use 90 degree elbows to make it clean. It will still look better once I secure it all.

CjAl

dablack

Heat is GOOD!  Especially in about a month!

Remember you eat an elephant one bite at a time. 

CjAl

Hey ya'll

I haven't done much.  I lost my job a few months back and my wife only works part time at the moment.  She is training to taken over as director of the library and museum in town but the current director isn84 and apparently in no hurry to retire.  Lol. On the plus side we have no mortgage.  Isn't that what this is all about??  I'd probably be homeless (again)  if I still had a house with a mortgage on it like I was when the bank took the last one. I really need to get out of trucking.

I did manage to have a well drilled this week.  Unfortunately they came and drilled it while I was at an interview so no pics except the after shot which my slow Internet won't even load right now.

I had water from a small private water utility but it was so bad you couldn't drink or cook with it.  There is constant water line breaks so there is bacteria problems and it is so hard my natural slate shower is now pure white and nothing I've found will cut it. Also they've been double billing and just say tough....  Pay it.  They say I used 11k gallons a month for two months when my water usage has never been over 1500. So $5300 for a 170 ft well and it's like spring water.  I could do without having it in the middle of my front yard but on 2/3 an acre it's not easy to meet all the set back requirements for property lines and septic.