Please, Please, do it all yourself!

Started by housebuilder, September 20, 2006, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

housebuilder

I learned a long time ago that the cost of ignorance is high. So many people are afraid to learn how to build a house by themselves so they pay contractors to do the work. Most people will work an average of ten years of their lives to pay for nothing except home mortgage interest from hired labor.

By working 3 hours a day for one year, I did my own labor. That's a decade of paychecks I can spend on better things.

CountryPlans.com hits the nail right on the head. I love this site! It can help so many people. That's why I've created a link from my website to this site. I don't throw those out very much.

//www.make-my-own-house.com/low-cost-house-building.html

Ray-Jeffries

hey man, like your web site, this is also a dream of mine, i hope to build my own home soon, it would be about 12-1400 s.f.
i have been salvaging building materials for years, i did use some to build a small work shead. I have 60+ 12" & 6" wd. i-joist 20' long.
a barn full of misc. framing lumber, got 2 and a half  bundles of 3/4" t&g plywood, it had been sitting outside for over a year so i'm thinking i
might have to shave off the toung as the first and last 5 sheets were no good.

Doug Martin

My favorite saying is "You can screw things up three times and it will still be cheaper than paying someone else to do it once."  ;D

JRR

"I am always doing things that I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do them".  - Pablo Picasso.