Author Topic: Jeromesville Ohio, 50x30  (Read 8109 times)

Offline w1ck3tt

• Welcome to the CP-Forum
    • My Build Project
Re: Jeromesville Ohio, 50x30
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2017, 05:28:53 AM »
added a light over the stairs - will serve as a nightlight for the most part

Its a stained glass light we picked up from a habitat store a while back.

Offline dablack

• Rusk TX
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »
Not sure how I missed this thread!  Everything looks great.  I went with a 26x52 two story. 

You mentioned that it was crazy hot up in the attic.  I would be worried that in the winter moisture would condense on that plastic I can see under the roof deck.  If it were mine, I would have not had insulation in the narrow ceiling but carry the sloped insulation all the way to the peak.  Then the attic area would be semi-conditioned. 

Also, I really like all the stained glass.  Looks great. 

Austin

Offline w1ck3tt

• My Build Project
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2017, 09:29:21 AM »
Thanks!  Have a link to your post?

Hmmm....That might have been what I should have done!  I suppose I can put more insulation in the attic if need be.  There shouldn't be any heat up there this winter since the ceiling is insulated.  Its only hot up there on really hot days.  Yesterday it was maybe 70 and the attic was not bad at all (not like the day when it was causing the ceiling vents to drip from the A/C running!)  I will keep an eye on it this winter for sure and make sure its not condensating as well.

Not sure how I missed this thread!  Everything looks great.  I went with a 26x52 two story. 

You mentioned that it was crazy hot up in the attic.  I would be worried that in the winter moisture would condense on that plastic I can see under the roof deck.  If it were mine, I would have not had insulation in the narrow ceiling but carry the sloped insulation all the way to the peak.  Then the attic area would be semi-conditioned. 

Also, I really like all the stained glass.  Looks great. 

Austin

Offline dablack

• Rusk TX
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2017, 09:36:26 AM »
Here you go.  I need to update it but the picture posting stuff is going to take me a while to fix!

http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=13648.0

Offline w1ck3tt

• My Build Project
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2017, 09:45:03 AM »
Weekend update!

Was really hoping to get more than this done, but wasn't even able to finish this!  The slope of this roof is just enough, I couldn't get ontop to put the flashing and ridgecap on.  Looking for a way to get that done that is safe!

Anyhow, front porch, almost complete (missing flashing/ridgecap/endcaps/soffit/fascia/siding (same stuff we used on the gable ends)/railing/stain and security light/s)

We used Galvanized steel instead of the charcoal we used on the roof, to add some country charm to the house.  Can't wait for the siding to get done! (sometime in November if the weather holds out at this point?...)

Offline w1ck3tt

• My Build Project
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2017, 09:53:47 AM »
Here you go.  I need to update it but the picture posting stuff is going to take me a while to fix!

Ah yes, picture posting...what a pain that was for me to get started.  Found a way to use my google album that made it fairly easy!

Offline w1ck3tt

• My Build Project
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »

Ah yes, I remember yours, I love the wood floors you did - Beautiful build!  Its funny, I designed and planned everything about mine - but then when I look at other builds, I keep wanting to go back and redo parts of mine! 

Offline dablack

• Rusk TX
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2017, 10:54:18 AM »
We are all like that.  You design design design and then build.  Right after you finish something, you see something that you wish you could have incorporated. 
My wife was never really sure on the kitchen design until I laid it out in blue tape on the floor at full size.  She could then walk it and really see how big it would be.  Then her input to me was much better.  Should could SHOW me where she wanted stuff and then I could put it into the plan. 
The one thing I wish I could have figured out is a master bedroom and bath on the first floor.  We might add on later to get that. 

Offline w1ck3tt

• My Build Project
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2017, 11:08:40 AM »
Yeh, exactly what I did for my wife ;)  She kept saying she couldn't picture it so I laid it out for her.