Deer Run- 16x26 in Oklahoma

Started by ScottA, October 11, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umtallguy

if you armor the up and downstream entrance of the culverts with rocks they will resist washing much better.

ScottA

That's in the plan. Didn't get that far yet.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: ScottA on September 28, 2011, 07:51:41 AM
Unless you are like Glenn, I'd hire it out. It's a big job.

....I could not stand to miss all of the fun... but if you are not crazy like me... maybe Scott is right.... :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

henderson

WHAT ARE YOU USING FOR A REGULATOR FOR YOUR PROPANE SET UP.

ScottA

Quote from: henderson on September 30, 2011, 11:36:06 PM
WHAT ARE YOU USING FOR A REGULATOR FOR YOUR PROPANE SET UP.

Um...a regulator. It's hiding behind one of the tanks I think.

Redoverfarm

Like the post Scott.  You need to try to get a couple of photos of both structures to give us a better idea of the layout.  I think you might have earlier.  Maybe wait until you are further along.   d*

Just wondering what the cost difference was in 2-24" pipes rather than 1-48".  Been my experience that with two you are more likely to accumulate more trash build-up but then again maybe it is just a wet weather spring and they will suffice.

ScottA

Thanks John. I don't know what a 48" pipe cost. These where the largest available where I was buying them. Anything bigger whould have been taller than the channel and required more fill to grade over since you are suposed to have 1/2 the pipe diameter in fill above. I'll try to get some more pics as things move along.

Bevis

Wow, nice build on the cabin.  I like the detail.  Read up to page 35 last night, and came back this evening to finish the rest of it.

ScottA

Glad you enjoyed it. And welcome to the forum Bevis.  w*

FYI- We had to light the stove for the first time this season tonight.

Toasty warm  :)

ScottA

The cabin survived it's first earthquake last night. 5.2 at 11:00pm No damage. :)

duncanshannon

yikes!  i dont think of earthquakes when I think of oklahoma... they happen often?
Home: Minneapolis, MN area.  Land: (no cabin yet) Spooner, WI area.  Plan: 20x34 1 1/2 Story. Experience Level: n00b. 
Build Thread: http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10784.0

ScottA

they are rare but we had another one tonight! 4.7

mtman

Quote from: duncanshannon on November 06, 2011, 04:33:52 PM
yikes!  i dont think of earthquakes when I think of oklahoma... they happen often?

Me either! Hope all is well now Scott. Don't think I could handle the ground shaking on me. ;)

Cropping Up

I just read through this thread, start to present, in one sitting.  Wow.  This is probably the finest build I've come across in small houses and is a huge inspiration.  Congratulations, Scott, and fantastic job.

speedfunk

I have read scott that people are starting to figure out it might be the fracking thats disturbing the earth?  Any thoughts?

ScottA

Quote from: speedfunk on December 15, 2011, 08:30:10 AM
I have read scott that people are starting to figure out it might be the fracking thats disturbing the earth?  Any thoughts?

I don't know anything about it. I do know there is a fault located near the epicenter of these quakes.

ScottA

Quote from: Cropping Up on December 15, 2011, 12:14:44 AM
I just read through this thread, start to present, in one sitting.  Wow.  This is probably the finest build I've come across in small houses and is a huge inspiration.  Congratulations, Scott, and fantastic job.

Thanks. I hope more people will decide to build small.

glenn kangiser

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Carla_M

Hi Scott, lurker here.  Yours is yet another super nice cabin on this forum. It is difficult to decide who has the nicest, there are many I like here. So many of you do such nice work. I find the exterior wall treatment especially attractive. Unique is just about the right word. :)
The personal dietary habits of people kill more frequently than firearms. Eat healthy and carry a gun.

ScottA

All Pics will be removed at the end of the week. If you want them grab them while you can. Thanks Country plans it was fun. I'm going offline.

ajbremer

Click here to see our 20x30 and here to see our 14x24.

kenhill

Bob S.

By Scott: You will be missed. Your house is the essences of what this forum is about.  :-[

John Raabe

Scott:

I'm checking to see if we can setup a Photobucket pro account and move your photos over there so they can stay visible on the old posts. Is that what you were using and Photobucket is what you are closing down? Do you have any objection to us doing this - perhaps you would rather go more invisible?

I'm not yet sure Photobucket can do this.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

ScottA

The pics are on a private server John. If you want to archive them help yourself.