New member - Garage/Workshop

Started by Silhanek, August 10, 2006, 03:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silhanek

Hey all.  Been reading this forum for a couple weeks and just joined.  I live in Phoenix, AZ and would like to build a garage next to my house this fall.  Because of lot restrictions, the biggest I can build is 12x18 and might even have to size it down to 12x16.  I'm attaching my plans that I have at this point.  I plan on using this as a workshop so I've put in quite a few outlets and an opening for an A/C unit.

The part I'm finding the hardest so far is Phoenix requires a permit for this size of structure.  I'm confident in my building capabilities, but don't have all the knowledge about the certain codes I'll have to meet.

My wife and I are also dreaming about purchasing some land and building a little cabin in the next couple years.  Building the garage will be good practice for me.

glenn kangiser

Welcome to the forum.

I built my RV storage garage using John's Little House Plans.  They have a 12' wide option.  I modified it to use my available materials but it is an easy way to get started.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.