24x64 two family cabin

Started by markert2523, October 28, 2012, 11:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markert2523

Hey guys,

Likely the metals will end up in a pantry, so I probably would not put the money in them for powder coating.  I need to visit my Dad to see in what condition the rest of the metal cabinets are.  It's been a while since I've seen them.  They are in an old hospital that now serves as the family junk storage.  Back in the 1960's my dad was the small town doctor (and still is at 84!!) and he owned his own small hospital.  Many times small town doctors had to do that to in order to have a place to admit patients.  The city built a new, small hospital in the 1980's.

markert2523

I haven't posted for a few weeks, but the cabin progress continues.  The front porch is looking great.

I had the contractor use 2x6 doug fir for the porch roof deck.  I bought a relatively cheap ($299) airless from Lowes and a buddy and I sprayed it with a light cedar oil stain.  I'll use the airless for exterior and interior painting as well.

The attic trusses are going to allow a good amount of loft storage space on each side of the common room--one for each family.

Metal roof finally going on.  Charcoal color.  Full coverage ice and water shield on the two low slope shed roofs--synthetic underlayment on the 8/12 sections.  I just hoisted panels.  The crew installed it and braved the edges!!  That low end corner is about 24 feet off the ground.  No one seemed to want to mess with a harness.

Windows are in so they are next.  Then Hardie type siding.  Then exterior doors.  Then the interior fun starts.

markert2523

Windows in. The profile is wide enough that I don't think we will need trim.