New Member Activations - PLEASE READ

Started by John Raabe, January 27, 2015, 11:30:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Raabe

The last three weeks we have had some new member sign-ups who were not being quickly activated and informed of this so they could post to a thread.

I have recently activated 65 such members and they (you?) should have been informed by the forum software.

If you have not yet posted your first message please reply to this message with something like "I'm on". That will confirm the activation process and also allow you to change your profile should you want to. (You need to have one post before you can alter your profile.)

Let Don and I know if there are remaining issues - webmaster@countryplans.com

None of us are as smart as all of us.

MountainDon

The registration / activation issue seems to be restricted to new users who sign up using a gmail account as their email.  Until we resolve the problem a solution would be to use an email address with a different domain. Yahoo mail does not seem to be affected.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John Raabe

I will take the fact that none of the 65 new members have posted here to be an indication that the email notice is not working as expected.

We will be working on this tomorrow.

John

John Raabe

The problem seems to have been isolated to recent activations where users have a gmail address. The forum software is now responding correctly to new activations with a gmail address but we are not certain if the recent gmail signups that were blocked are now cleared.

If you can read this and have not gotten an activation email please try to login with your username and password.

garyc

John.
I was one of the people trying trying to join your forum  never did get a e mail. I don't use g mail . I use Windows mail. Tough my internet provider.
Thank's for letting me  join. I hope to start my thread on my house & barn in a couple of weeks.

Gary Cockrum

If it wasn't for bad luck . I would 't have any luck at all.

hpinson

For what it's worth the DMARC policy chance caused email relaying problems for GMail, but also very likely affect users with Microsoft Mail, Hotmail, Comcast, and Yahoo addresses. Not many of those left but... all in the name of fighting spam. We hope the problem is resolved. 

John Raabe

I guess progress has to be two steps forward and one back.  :P

CajunCubsFan

I'm on

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gary paiva

John Raabe

azgreg

I had issues as well, but here I am from Phoenix AZ.  ;D

John Raabe

There were three new members yesterday that had not auto-activated. I manually activated them and had the software send out a message.

Checked just now and the activation waiting list is clear.

OzarkRalph

Haven't attempted to post anything yet, signed up a little while back. Love the website. Ordered the 20x30 1 1/2 story plans. No issues that I'm aware of.

John Raabe

w* to the forum.

Looks like you are able to both read and post to the forum boards.

Samish woman

IdahoMatt

rick91351

Hey IdahoMatt...   Welcome neighbor  ??? Well we might be....  I'm from Idaho as well....
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

IdahoMatt

Where in Idaho are you Rick. I'm south of Burley if you know where that is

Matt

rick91351

Boise Nation Forest - 'bout 35 miles east of Boise or about 35 north of Mt Home..... Up in an area called Prairie....  You must be up around Pomerelle, Idaho?  Noticed 5500'
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

IdahoMatt

Yes up near there but.  To the south west of the mountain.  In a small town called Basin or the Oakley Basin.  It is a real treat living here.  I can't wait to build here.  My wife and I have been tearing down old houses and barns for the last couple of year to gather material to save money.  I think we will start this mummer and hit it hard next.

IdahoMatt

I love the area you are in too I have hunted grouse up there.

rick91351

Quote from: IdahoMatt on February 11, 2016, 10:10:03 PM
Yes up near there but.  To the south west of the mountain.  In a small town called Basin or the Okley Basin.  It is a real treat living here.  I can't wait to build here.  My wife and I have been tearing down old houses and barns for the last couple of year to gather material to save money.  I think we will start this mummer and hit it hard next.

I'll PM you a couple photos old barn lumber......

IdahoMatt

Hey Rick I did a little research and I'm only 5,200'. I was always told we are at 5500 ::)

Bearmech

azgreg

Quote from: IdahoMatt on February 12, 2016, 03:22:09 PM
Hey Rick I did a little research and I'm only 5,200'. I was always told we are at 5500 ::)

Gravity catches up with everything.  ;D