Building economical house in India

Started by spintex, March 30, 2008, 02:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spintex

I am a Canadian national physically challanged  retired and own land 1000 Sq. Yds in a village near New Delhi India. I want to build a small house to live for the rest of my lifespecially winters. I am looking for a person who can plan a house for me and my wife and supervise the construction, completion with Canadian , American, concept incorporating N.American technologies, energy savings etc. etc.

Willing to negotiate terms.
Thanks
Vidya
Contact by e mail  spintex@canada.com

glenn kangiser

Welcome to the forum, Vidya.  Sounds like an interesting project for somebody.  Were you thinking of anything similar to one of John's plans?
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

mvk

Welcome Vidya
Why would you not use local construction methods/design?
What do you mean by N. American technolgies?
Whats the weather like over there heating/cooling etc?
Whats the shape/dimensions of your lot?
I agree with Glen Sounds like an interesting project for somebody.
Good Luck hope you keep us posted.
Mike

John Raabe

Vidya:

Greetings and welcome to the forum! I always love to sell my plans but I concur. The local building materials, climate considerations, construction techniques and lifestyle requirements are all sufficiently different in urban India from the rural U.S./Canada environment that most of us are dealing with here that I would strongly suggest working with someone local to design and supervise your project.

You will be able to blend the best of both worlds, I'm sure, and we will be very interested to see how your project evolves.

Our very best wishes.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

ScottA

I don't know about India but I read that it's cheaper to import materials from the U.S. to Japan than to buy localy. If importing is not too big of a hassle you could pack all the materials in a small container and ship them directly to the building site. Some items could even be precut before shipping. Need more info for sure.