I Think I Have Created A New Building Site...

Started by rick91351, September 26, 2010, 05:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick91351

We had to do some road work on our mountain property.

This required hauling I do not have a clue yet as to how many yards of what we call decomposed granite.  This material makes great roads especially after it goes through a wet season and tightens up.  Most unpaved mountain roads here in Idaho are made from this stuff. 

View from up there.  Hey I know it is dry... gets that way here from mid July to the rains of autumn.  That is the orchard we started several years ago.  One more year and I think we can start letting them have a few apples.  I think it would make a nice earth bermed hide away cabin spot.  I am going to keep an eye on it in the winter.  There is a tall hill to the south that might block off to much sun for solar.  Grid power is 'do able'.  Might need to get the District Health guy up there to look it over for a maybe septic tank drain field spot.  There is not much of a foot print for a drain field.   

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

TexstarJim

Beautiful site and I hope you do decide to build on it someday.  I sure wish I had a bout (8) loads of that gravel for my driveway, looks like good stuff.  Keep us informed on your plans and goings on.  Thanks for posting these great pics too.
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"