This one is for Glenn

Started by desdawg, March 05, 2008, 12:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

desdawg

What's Your Business?
A cowboy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in
California when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced out of a dust cloud towards him.
The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL
tie, leans out the window and asks the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows
and calves you have in your herd, Will you give me a calf?"
Bud looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd
and calmly answers;
"Sure, Why not?" The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer,
connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cellphone, and surfs to a NASA page on the
Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location
which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an
ultra-high-resolution photo.
The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an
image processing facility in Hamburg, Germany. Within mere seconds, he receives an
email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data is stored. He
then accesses a MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with
email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.
Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP
LaserJet printer and finally turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586
cows and calves."
"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud. He watches
the young man select one of the animals and looks on amused as the young man stuffs
it into the trunk of his car.
Then the Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your
business is, will you give me back my calf?"
The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"
"You're a Congressman for the U.S. Government", says Bud.
"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"
"No guessing required", answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody
called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never
asked. You tried to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a
thing about cows...this is a herd of sheep.
Now give me back my dog."
I have done so much with so little for so long that today I can do almost anything with absolutely nothing.

glenn kangiser

Let me guess, des.

True story?

Probably not -- the politician in this story seems a bit too smart. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

the scary thing about this little story is that the government possesses the technology to monitor every aspect of our lives...Glenn has it right to live underground... pun intended...Maybe their spy cams and satellites cannot penetrate to the sub terranean quite yet....Maybe we can still have some privacy under the earth...

what ever happened to privacy on our own lands... shocking to see how accurate the book 1984 really was

Sassy

Don't you think Orwell, Huxley, Margaret Sanger, Freud were possibly instruments of the planned psychological changes  control on the people?  With Bernays as the "Father of Spin" http://www.prwatch.org/prwissues/1999Q2/bernays.html;
the Rockefellers & Rothchilds... 

I think they were engineering a change in society back to the "elites" & the "slave" culture at the end of the 1800's with the engineered battle between the Bolsheviks & Bourgeoise in Russia, then the Federal Reserve & IRS with Wilson, House, Morgan etc, WWI, WWII & all the rest of the undeclared wars we've had since then...  the engineered market crashes...  all leading up to "1984" & "Brave New World"...   
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free