Carsiding...interior

Started by jb52761, April 04, 2006, 08:04:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb52761

Good morning all...java time..ok, carsiding ready to go up....can I get away with not priming the back sides of the siding since it's inside, sitting on top of the studs and insulation, or am I asking for future problems ? I need to get some of it out of the way as the cabin is only 24 x 24 and I am running out of work space...can't leave supplies outside...

glenn kangiser

I'm not sure, JB - John mentions a primer as a vapor barrier - as I remember you could have condensation on your concrete walls so somewhere you want to stop moisture from the heated side from getting there.  It could depend on your final outer finish on the siding.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

jb52761

Glenn...thanks for quick reply...need to get on it now...the siding will be nailed right on top of the foam, extruded polystyrene insulation which has a plastic coating (says for damage control)...behind the poly are the studs, then about 6 inches of air space, then the concrete...I might cheat and do at least one wall tonight, as stated need room and got the time and money to Git 'R Done...the interior will be coated with a stain/sealant mix...I think I bought the Minwax stuff, pigment and sealant in one....