12x14 with porch

Started by grandmasplayhouse, February 09, 2010, 03:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

astidham

love the cabin,
did your wood siding have the stain on it or did you stain it yourself?
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

grandmasplayhouse

I've been in the staining process for a while. Used Cabot's oil stain in the brown color. It really soaks in nice and is suppose to protect. As you can see I still need to get up the ladder to finish the peak.

Looking forward to seeing the progress on your Oklahoma 20x30-REALLY NICE SPACE
With a little work my grandchildren will grow up with a love of nature and a feel for a life without indoor plumbing.(If only for a short weekend) What fun to visit Grandmas Playhouse

Pritch

I've been looking at tht little stove/oven combo, thinking it would be great for a little cabin kitchen.  I'd love to hear how it works out for you. 
"The problem with quotes from the internet is that they're not always accurate." -- Abraham Lincoln

grandmasplayhouse

Camp Chef Camping oven that are sold all over the internet ,Gander Mountain and Cabela's. It is well built. Takes the small LP tanks and can be adapted for the large tanks too. I want it to be portable to cook outside when it's hot. Not suppose to use inside but I watch the fresh air. The oven gets very hot and stays hot. I baked some rolls and had to keep opening the oven door to bring the temp down. When we made a pizza outside the temp never rose above 350 because of the wind. I guess it will work for us but you really have to watch the temp gauge or everything burns easy.

With a little work my grandchildren will grow up with a love of nature and a feel for a life without indoor plumbing.(If only for a short weekend) What fun to visit Grandmas Playhouse

astidham

Thanks for the info, I cant wait to get the roof and log siding up!
Your colors on the roof and the siding look great together.
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

John Raabe

Nice cozy cabin. Looks well laid out, comfortable and in a great retreat spot.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

grandmasplayhouse

Looking at the pictures have made me miss being at the cabin. Hope we have a nice Thanksgiving weekend. Would be fun to decorate it for Christmas.
Last time we were there it was back to the driveway project. Grandpa worked all weekend on removing a rusty old fence that was buried in the dirt burm along our property. Has been a hazzard for the little kids with atvs.

Also had loads of fun building a "Fort" with the kids.

grandmasplayhouse

Merry Christmas to all. We are looking forward to riding our Vintage '71 Arctic Cat Panther 340 at the cabin.

Sassy

Quote from: grandmasplayhouse on September 08, 2010, 10:31:31 AM
It's been awhile since I shared some pics of the cabin. With fall in the air, being at the cabin is FUN again.
This little cabin has been in the dream,plan,build stage for a long time. Space is running out quickly as I tend to keep bringing more stuff there.
Next will have to be a shed to store some of the outdoor,cooking and campfire stuff.

My advice to small cabin builders----Bigger is better. d*

Playing "Cabin at the cabin"

Had to laugh at the statement "my advice to small cabin builders---Bigger is better" - lol   I know what you mean about bringing too much stuff! 

Hadn't seen this thread before - your cabin is very cozy - you've done a really nice job of finishing it - everything looks great!  Nice area, too.

Our grandkids love to visit our cabin, too. 

http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

phalynx

I just love this cabin.  Every angle looks like a different room and yet its all in a nice little place.  I am seriously considering building one similar in the back of my property just to "get away from it all".

glenn kangiser

Very nice cabin.  Sassy called my attention to it as I don't get through all of the projects anymore.  Impressive. :)
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

grandmasplayhouse

Good luck to all the hard working cabin builders this Spring. I'm looking forward to working on our project. This spring will be more tree planting and trail building. Will feel great to work hard outside at the cabin.

grandmasplayhouse

Went to the cabin last night to measure a couple of things for another project. It was rainy and cold. I was surprised to see the trees covered in birds that we had never seen befor. I looked them up today. They are called Double-crested Cormorant. Looked like big black doapy geese sitting in the trees.

grandmasplayhouse

duncanshannon

Nice little place you have!
Home: Minneapolis, MN area.  Land: (no cabin yet) Spooner, WI area.  Plan: 20x34 1 1/2 Story. Experience Level: n00b. 
Build Thread: http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10784.0

nysono

Quote from: grandmasplayhouse on April 14, 2011, 02:51:57 PM
Went to the cabin last night to measure a couple of things for another project. It was rainy and cold. I was surprised to see the trees covered in birds that we had never seen befor. I looked them up today. They are called Double-crested Cormorant. Looked like big black doapy geese sitting in the trees.

hope they are just passing through......they are fish eating machines!!! And prolific breeders, lots of problems with them on Lake Ontario fishing industry.

gardensandcabins

I love the pictures, nice little cabin..
Not sure the AC unit above the vent for the heater is a good idea though. The fumes can draft right back into the house through the AC.

jdhatch

By chance are there any plans out there for this cabin / playhouse?

Thanks, Jason