Here we go again....It's time for the weekly dump

Started by peternap, February 07, 2008, 09:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peternap

If it's Thursday......the market must be down. Pre-market is a disaster. I expect the day will follow suit.

That's OK though.......$300.00 in in economic incentive money is coming soon! >:(

Fixing the economy is like putting duct tape on a leaking pipe. It just doesn't work!
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

cbc58

did you ever wonder where the economy would be without 9/11 or Iraq?  gives you pause to think.

peternap

I have no idea! ???

On days like this though, I try to forget there is a world out there. I have a fence to fix, a couple of boxes of 45/70's to load, 500 44 mags to load and yesterday I cut 3 nice red oak logs. I think I'll turn them into 4 quarter X 12" boards. [cool]

Already bought 500 shares of stock at what I hope is the bottom for them.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

glenn kangiser

Oh-- it's the stock market, Peter.  I was going to try recommending a high fiber diet.

You got the saw up and running?

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Drew

You guys are killing me.  The sun is out and I've got plenty of building and digging work to do at my place.  Days like this it's hard to sit in the cube.

I hear the Republicans have blocked a vote to expand the stimulus package.  The Democrats are saying, "Look at those monsters!  They're denying seniors, unemployed people and vets!"

Hey, it's free money, right?  If they print enough money they will dilute its value and force even more folks onto government assistance.  And what happens to the vets and seniors when the mess gets worse?  Oh, term limits!  It's like pastured poultry.  Eat, crap, move, eat, crap, move, only nothing can grow in that stuff.

Nothing is as simple as it looks, I know that.  I'm with you, Peter.  I'd rather look at the end of my spade than a newspaper today.

glenn kangiser

I feel so sorry for cubalized people (new word).

Think I'll run outside -- grab my spade and frolic in the sunshine. 

You can feel better now, Drew.  I was just yankin yer chain.  Actually I have to go to the dentist. [crz]

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

tanya

One more good thing about being poor... No stocks to worry about.
Peresrverance, persistance and passion, keys to the good life.

Drew

Condolences, Glenn.  No matter what, going to the dentist is never fun.

My guy usually only has to do a cleaning.  I drop an Advil or Tylenol or two before I go.  It doesn't turn it into a day at the park, but every little bit helps.   ;D

glenn kangiser

Not even a shot today - a new crown with no painkiller.  I have a really good dentist, in fact we bought the property for the underground complex from him.  He does hurt the wallet though. [crz]

Drew

A new crown?  No wonder you talk the way you do, Glenn.  You're a monarchist!

glenn kangiser

I have no quarrel with that.  Long live the King. :)

MountainDon

Humph! I'm more royal... I have two new recent crowns, replacing two older ones. One I ingested.  :o  They came off after some 15+ years within a month of each other. Planned obsolescence??  ??? 

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Boy...you guys are a lot of fun! >:( I hate to think about going to the dentist. They scare me more than the IRS. I've gotta go though. I took a bad tumble in my kayak summer before last and broke 4 teeth and completely knocked two out (root and all).

I'll have to remember to call him soon...... :(

Redoverfarm

Anything other than cleaning I tell the doc to "shoot er up first". I am no sissy to pain in fact my wife is constantly telling me to go to the Dr for injuries but I say " It'll be OK" and it usually does get that way. But with teeth I never have been able to handle that without something else in my system. Since I have to drive I guess I hadn't better drink before going. He occassionally will say Oh you won't need anything it is just a small thing. I usually tell him if he wants to work the rest of the day he had better numb me up first. He always does then.

MountainDon

FWIW, I find that Aleve works better than Tylenol, Advil or Aspirin for me, for tooth or bone related aches.

But I buy the generic store brand equivalent. I never pay for name brand... it IS the same composition.

Works for me, OMMV.  ;D
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

williet

It was a crappy day, but I finally had 1 stock that pulled me up...instead of down. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: peternap on February 07, 2008, 08:45:05 PM
Boy...you guys are a lot of fun! >:( I hate to think about going to the dentist. They scare me more than the IRS. I've gotta go though. I took a bad tumble in my kayak summer before last and broke 4 teeth and completely knocked two out (root and all).

I'll have to remember to call him soon...... :(

Probably told this before but my ex- MIL had a couple chihuahua's once.  She asked me to trim the toenails on the little oversized rat because the poor little thing got so terrified when she did it.  I started trimming her nails and it wasn't long before she was so scared she crapped right in my lap.

That's how I feel when I go to the dentist. [crz]

Actually the dentist I have now is really good and all the people there are real nice so it's not quite as bad.

MountainDon

My dentist is a good one, as far as dentists go.  ???  She uses a numbing solution on the gum before she does the injection to really numb up the area to be worked on. That should be typical I believe.

The newer drills don't make the high pitch whining sound that used to make me frightful.