My Favorite Junk Food

Started by sparks, February 02, 2008, 10:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

I can't help it , just love these little morsels.....FRITOS.  With nacho cheese, or sour cream, or mustard..grey poupan. The bag says ' whole corn, corn oil, and salt ' Must be healthy. ;)
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

glenn kangiser

A few years ago they got some GM corn in Frito's by mistake.  Wouldn't you know that I filled my gut with them at that time --- I was sick and full of indigestible corn for 3 days.  I still avoid them but get a gut full once in a whlie.

I guess my favorite is Ice Cream of one flavor or another.

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

sparks

Hear Ya on the ice cream Glenn, second favorite JF.........vanilla chocolate chip.. :) :) :) :)...YUM!!!

MountainDon

Poore Brothers potato chips. They started in AZ. Now I believe they're part of a conglomerate that owns many brands. But the chips still taste great. They're crunchy. They're flavorful. I love the Jalapeño and the Salt & Vinegar varieties. 
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

Yep, big group of brands
http://www.inventuregroup.net/Poore-Brothers.asp

While working as engineers installing and servicing bagging machines in snack food plants through the United States, Jay Poore and his older brother, Don, saw first-hand the finer details involved with potato-chip production. What they noticed during that time was a perceived void in the marketplace.

As a result, the brothers decided to develop their own snack brand by creating a kettle-cooked chip that was thicker than traditional varieties. So, in 1983, Bob's Texas Style Potato Chips was born. After only three years, the chips became so popular with consumers that the brothers sold the business to a partner, moved to Arizona and launched the Poore Brothers brand. Starting with only a single kettle and one delivery truck, they relied on sampling and word-of-mouth advertising to grow the business.

The strategy paid off and, in 1996, the company went public with the help of a private investment group. Soon after the IPO, acquisitions started when Bob's Texas Style Potato Chips was bought back in 1998. A Bluffton, Indiana, facility – the location where T.G.I. Friday's snack foods are produced – was acquired in 1999, and the Boulder Canyon brand was purchased in 2000.

In May 2006, as part of the transition from a regional potato chip producer to a national marketer of snack foods, the Poore Brothers name was replaced with The Inventure Group to create a corporate identity that more closely reflects our diverse lineup of innovative consumer brands sold both nationally and internationally.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

sparks

While I was out on the east coast last year , discovered Cape Cod tater chips. They're boiled as oppossed to fried. Kinda like the beef jerky of chips......but very tasty!!

ScottA

We have this thing for Frit sticks. They are potato sticks and you can only get them in Germany. Taste way better than any American chip I ever tried. My mother in law ships us a case 2-3 times a year. My son took a bag to school once and the kids where fighting over them and offering him $5 bag. He tried to go into business the next day but no way we where parting with our limited supply.  :D

MountainDon

These  ???

Anschaffen...   {buy?}

HIER

UND HIER

ScottA

You got it Don. They're great!

Homegrown Tomatoes

Smoked almonds and chipe and salsa are my favorites.

glenn kangiser

I know one now -- Kraft Philly Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese spread on Keebler Club crackers.

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

I have lots of favorite snack foods - depends on what I'm in the mood for... 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

Drew

Bulk malt balls from the bin at Lunardi's.  They are nearly an inch in diameter.  Pure sugar dope.

glenn kangiser

At least mine was healthy.  You vegetarians are real animals when it comes to junk food, Drew. [crz]

Drew

Yeah, Glenn.  I'm on NPR's Most Wanted.  Me and my skinny friends buy a bag of bulk malt balls, get ripped, and tear-ass around the tomato fields at 15 mph in the biodiesel Volvo.  My ex-old-lady, Starfire Buttercup (That would be of the Rainbow Existence Plane Buttercups), once got so lit she actually paid her property taxes on time.

When the malt balls are all gone we jump in the river for our annual bath and a good hour of shavasana.

;D

Sassy

When the malt balls are all gone we jump in the river for our annual bath and a good hour of shavasana.
Relaxation or corpse pose is essential to practice at the end of every yoga practice. This posture rejuvenates the body, mind and spirit while reducing stress and tension.
Lying on your back, let the arms and legs drop open, with the arms about 45 degrees from the side of your body. Make sure you are warm and comfortable, if you need to place blankets under or over your body.
Close the eyes, and start by deepening the breath using dirga pranayama. Allow your whole body to become soft and heavy, letting it relax into the floor. As the body relaxes, feel the whole body rising and falling with each breath.
Scan the body from the toes to the fingers to the crown of the head, looking for tension, tightness and contracted muscles. Consciously release and relax any areas that you find. If you need to rock or wiggle that part of your body from side to side.
Release all control of the breath, the mind, and the body. Let your body move deeper and deeper into a state of total relaxation.
Stay in savasana for 5 to 15 minutes.
To release: slowly deepen the breath, wiggle the fingers and toes, reach the arms over your head and stretch the whole body, exhale bend the knees into the chest and roll over to one side coming into a fetal position. When you are ready, slowly inhale up to a seated position.
Place a bolster or blankets under the knees.

http://www.yogabasics.com/asana/postures/savasana.html   :)  Glenn just left for his own shavasana - propecting... hopefully he doesn't end up on his back  :-\ there's still snow on the ground & very muddy...

Drew

That's shavasana?  Well, my yoga teacher has some 'splanin' to do.   ;D

glenn kangiser

I shoveled dirt and rocks for 9 hours yesterday.  Took my microwave, corn dogs and chimichangas.

Maybe I should have taken a  big ol' plate of that shavasana and some malt balls.

Homegrown Tomatoes

:)

After Don talking about the potato chips (particularly the salt 'n' vinegar ones) I bought some when we went by the store the other day.  We never buy chips, or if we do, they're usually tortilla chips.  Man, those are good!  We've almost eaten through the whole bag already.  My youngest heard that they have vinegar in them and she wouldn't let go of them at the grocery store so that they could bag them... she held on to them all the way home, even though we didn't open them before bed that night.  First thing the next morning she wanted to know if she could pleeeeaaasssseee try the vin-gar chip.  Little one likes anything "pickly", so she loved them.  Thanks, Don, for starting our generally health-conscious family on the road to high cholesterol!    ;D  We enjoyed it thoroughly.

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Sassy

That's one of my favorite chips - Glenn likes them too - I like the Salt n Vinegar Kettle chips - they're a little thicker & don't have all the crap in them that Lay's has...  Trader Joe's makes a good one, also. 

I go in spurts of what I like...  there's too many favorites to name!   ::)

Redoverfarm

Peternap I am with you. But we still manage to eat it faster than we can make it.