Question About How Your Browser Is Acting

Started by MountainDon, February 22, 2012, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Here's one of life's computer puzzles. I usually use FireFox for my browser. I'm on version 9.0.1

Until this AM everything seemed to work normal. But, this AM there is an oddity. The little  "new" icon  that appears after a topic title when there is a new message posted (and you have not read it) , is not working correctly.  When a user clicks on the icon the browser is supposed to go to that topic and open that topic right at the newest unread message posting.  My Firefox doesn't do that anymore. It simply goes to the new topic on the latest page, but it will not automatically move to the newest unread post.

But my Chrome browser does work correctly.   Haven't tried MSIE yet.

There was a MS update last night. I think it broke that part of my FF, maybe ???  Just wondering about others.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Not as sophisticated as yours Don but a related quirk.  When a E-mail notification comes regarding a new post and the CP link is clicked it will not go to that post but hits the post mid page.  Maybe a couple days prior and you have to scroll up to see the actual lastest post.   It's like it just gets you in the ballpark and you have to go from there.

rick91351

Most likely a cookie issue.  My FF was acting so weird with CP Forum I just quit using it a couple months ago.  I have been converted to Chrome flavored cool-aide.

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

d* d* d* d*
Last night I was on a website and wanting right click a number of things. They had a right click prevention scrpt or whatever it would be called. I disabled my javascript so I could right click.   d* d*  I forgot to turn javascript back on!!  Now that it is turned back on everything works pretty much as it should.  d* d*

John, I don't have many topics set to have a notification email sent to me. Today I set this topic to send email notification. If someone posts a further reply we'll see what I get in the email.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

NM_Shooter

I can't access personal messages with IE since the CP upgrade.  I have to use Mozilla.
"Officium Vacuus Auctorita"

MountainDon

That's odd. I have no issues with MSIE 9.0.8nnnn.nnnn  (too many decimals to remember... never seen more than 3 or 4 in a version number. )

peternap

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Yep, it was my fault for turning off the javascript.