Click on the video below and listen to Levon Helm (The Band) while you read about this new feature.
It is now possible to embed a video directly into a topic post.
That is, most videos
that are posted on video host services such as YouTube and Vimeo may now be posted and then viewed right in the topic, rather than having to follow a link to the other service for viewing there. At this point
it does not
to place this sort of embedded video for those hosted on Photobucket
There are two methods available. Hopefully one of them works for you.
My personal choice is super simple. We have added a modification to the software. This change allows a user to simply copy the URL from the video host page address bar and paste it into the topic post here on CountryPlans Forum. This is what I used to insert the above video.
It’s a done deed once you click the “Post” button. If you are fortunate your selected video should appear in the topic message. If the video does not present itself in the message post, there may still be hope with the alternate method. I somehow did manage to find a couple of videos on YouTube that defied working with this simple copy & Paste the URL method.
The second method demands more effort on your part. I will describe how to use this using a YouTube video as an example.
1. Open the video in YouTube. If it begins to play press the pause control.
2. Find the ‘Share’ button. Click the ‘Share’ button.
3. Find the ‘Embed’ button. Click on the ‘Embed’ button.
4. There may be a delay; an embed code should appear. It should be highlighted. Copy the embed code. (Right click; select ‘copy’, is one method.)
5. Return to CountryPlans Forum. If you have not started a new topic or opened a reply window already, do so.
6. Find the “Insert Embed” button from the choices that are presented above the field where you write your post. This button is in the second row of buttons, second button from the left. The first button in that row is an “f” in a red circle. Immediately to the right of the ‘insert flash’ button is the “Insert Embed” button. Click the “Insert Embed” button.
7. The following code will appear in the message field.
These are the embed tags. The cursor will be positioned between the square brackets ][ to the left of [/embed].
8. The embed code from YouTube needs to be pasted where the cursor is, between the embed tags. An easy way of accomplishing this is to press and hold the Ctrl key and then press the “V” key. Release the Ctrl key.
9. Add any text you wish to accompany the video, either before or after the embed tags. Insert a line feed (press Enter) to insert a space between the text and the video tags for increased readability.
10. Click the “Post” button to save the video.
Hopefully the video will be displayed in the topic post. If not, well, maybe that video is simply not compatible with either of these methods.
If the second method is being used and the video source is someplace other than YouTube there may not be a ‘Share’ button. There may be an ‘Embed’ button. There may be many things or nothing at all. There is no standard. Not all video host sites have an 'embed video' available.