Hows the weather?

Started by astidham, September 28, 2010, 01:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

Lots of dirt blowing through the air here, now. Don't like that part of the wind much.

Cold up at the cabin. Twenty eight when we arrived on Friday AM. That was in the cabin. Outside was 33. Sunny though and it got up to almost 40 every day for a few hours. Then back to below freezing for something like 18 to 22 of every 24 hours. Nice and warm in the cabin after the first couple though.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

MountainDon

snow forecast for the cabin; 3", maybe more
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

astidham

nothing but rain here, 62 today, 48 tomorrow.
very windy this weekend as Don and dug was saying, uncomfortable to work in and will work on your nerves!
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice"
— Henry Ford

gandalfthegrey

A couple of weeks back it was triple digit now it is almost 60 and tonight down to low 20's
I love this weather.   [cool]   d*
Bad Wolf

Redoverfarm

16 F here this morning.  Morning temps have never made it above 19F all last week.  Heavy frost.  Snow predicted Wed & Thursday. 

MountainDon

All weekend up in the mountains I could not believe it is almost mid December. There's no snow! Or more correctly what little fell three weeks or so back has virtually all melted away. Little bits here and there where the sun doesn't hit but that's all. It has barely dipped below freezing for a few hours every night then back up into the mid fifties! If it wasn't for the low sun angles I'd swear it was still late October.

Fire danger is back up too. The forest service has the "High" signs hung out again. That's the real bad part.

Don_P

The dozer plowed up to the jobsite today, I ran up a couple of loads from the building supply. Winds to 50 mph, blowing snow all day, punching through drifts on the back roads, subzero windchill, high of 17. Supposed to get downright ugly tomorrow. Something in the front end is clicking ominously... she did roll over 500,000 miles today guess I can't complain  :D

Redoverfarm

We have dodged the bullet as far as snowfall here at the house. Minimun with 1-2" occassionally.  Not so lucky in the northern end of the county with snowfall above 2 feet.  The temp this morning was 6F with the wind the chill factor is -22F. 

rick91351

The part of Idaho here I live is 34 this morning and where I work into - LaGrande Oregon - eastern Oregon it is 46 so we are normal to above normal temps.  It is very cloudy right now and lots of moisture.  Snow level I see is going to go up to 8000 or so.  The ground is starting to get pretty saturated.  A couple weeks ago we were single digits to minus and snowing like crazy.  Winds are really starting to pickup.        
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

gandalfthegrey

Well we are not as bad as most of the country, but the weather is confused.  86 degrees yesterday high today around 60 degrees.  9 day forcast artic blast with low 60s and rain everyday. 

Going to go weather proof the horse stalls.
Bad Wolf

MountainDon

Mtns forecast:
Tonight: Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 16. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

It may be a snowshoe trip this weekend.   :D

Friday: Scattered snow showers, mainly before 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 27. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Snowed a little here in town today.

Redoverfarm

We got 5-6" today. Temps did raise from 8F to 16F for it to happen.  Don I was watching the news of a front coming to the west coast this Sunday which could dump 6-10 FEET by Wednesday.   

sparks

I'm in Madison, Wisconsin

It's cold.

Just plain old flogging cold.

Any questions?

sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Redoverfarm

Quote from: sparks on December 16, 2010, 10:01:26 PM
I'm in Madison, Wisconsin

It's cold.

Just plain old flogging cold.

Any questions?

sparks

Just how cold is it? [waiting]

glenn kangiser

We are watching that storm, John.  Looks like it's just offshore 80% for tonight then 100% tomorrow the 100% heavy Saturday.  As you mentioned - 5 to 10 inches rain or 5 to 10 feet snow above 7000 ft.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

gandalfthegrey

Well I'm on day 5 of a 7 day storm.  All rain, no snow. My horse arena and stalls are al flooded.  There is now a small lake at the back of the arena.  :(

Freeways are closed all over the place due to rock fall (Pacific Coast highway) and mud flows (Interstate 215) San Bernadino.   [frus]

So how is the weather in your area? [noidea'
Bad Wolf

Sassy

I saw a little bit of blue sky this morning but seems like it is insisting on clouding up - grey skies again & supposed to rain through Wed night...

We were driving along Hwy 1 (the coastal hwy) several years ago - had stayed at Pismo for a long weekend get-away.  Anyway, it poured down rain the whole time - toured Hearst's Castle in pouring down rain  >:(  We drove to Ragged Cove or some name like that along Hwy 1 - got to a nice restaurant there (nothing else around) - it was finally sunny but it was our last day & we were headed home  :(  Anyway, there was a big waterfall... 

It was beautiful, great meal, but had to turn around as Hwy 1 was blocked off right after the restaurant due to mudslides. 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

gandalfthegrey

Rain for 2 days and temps high to 50 lows to upper 20s. BRRR
Bad Wolf

Sassy

We had rain, hail & snow today - the next couple days are supposed to be sunny but getting into the 20's at night - we probably won't get that cold up here, though on our ridge.

Had 3.5 inches rain over the past couple days... 
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

HoustonDave

Rained hard yesterday, sure needed it here in East Texas.  Mild temps high 74 low 65...:)
My lakefront cabin project in East Texas
http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10025.0

dug

High winds, scary gusts, rain, snow, sleet, low temp expected to be about 12 degrees tonight... just plain nasty!   :(

MountainDon

It just went from cloudy, cool and relatively calm to blustery, snow blowing through the air sideways, and very wintery looking in the space of a few seconds. Snow sticking to the ground already!

HoustonDave

Quick Don before you get snowed in head down to Houston and I'll take you fishing in shirtsleeves!!  :)
My lakefront cabin project in East Texas
http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=10025.0

MountainDon

:( :(

Not much snow here but lots of wind and it is cold (for here that means around freezing or a little below)..  Over night it may hit 11 F.

The mountains may get another 10" by tomorrow afternoon.  :)

cmsilvay

This is nuts lows in the low teens early this week. Yesterdays high was 70 then this morning got woke up by the NOAA radio with a tornado watch for out county and a tornado warning for surrounding counties. There are reports of a tornado on the ground in NW Arkansas.Its 60 degrees now supposed to drop to 20's tonight