Wanted! Buy! Sell! Barter! Give Away!

Started by MountainDon, May 06, 2008, 05:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tesa

anyone in the conroe/magnolia/tomball area of texas with some 60" tall hogwire you'd like to get off your
hands??

i want to run it between my fenceposts to grow vines on for some privacy

i also looked at chicken wire, its very light weight, and once the vines grow, it wouldn't matter, so i'd
consider that too

i know that doesn't come in 60" height, but maby i could make it work by doubling it to cover the height

would also consider any other ideas anyone might have for an effective fencing for vines

tesa
"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

considerations

I don't know what hog fence is but vines get really heavy.  We have something called cattle panels at the feed store.  They are fairly rigid, about 5' by 15' with 6" openings, I think.  It's more like rod than wire.  If I was going to grow vines, I'd be looking at them.

Mom had a clematis that climbed to the second story deck on the old farm, it spread along the railing and almost tore it off.  It took several years to get that big, but I had to give it a military hair cut to save the railing.  Then, of course, reinforce the railing.

tesa

hogwire has big openings, like 2"x4", we found it at HD for like 80 bucks for 100', not too bad, but i'm trying
to recycle, and ya never know what someone has just layin' around 'till ya ask

the vines i'm interested in would be annual type vines, not something that will pull the fence down, but i do
appreciate the advise

the location gets fantastic sun, for almost 8 full hours, so i'm thinking of cuke vines, maby squash, maby some
pole beans, and then maby some nice flowers, maby scarlet runner beans, stuff like that

tesa
"building a house requires thousands of decisions based on a million bits of information"-charlie wing

considerations

Wow, sound yummy! [hungry]  (I've always wanted to use that one - thanks!)

waldenpond

TESA, heres an idea i used. old bed springs and matress. didn't want to haul to dump and pay the fee but not usuable for a bed anymore. so i burnt them. what was left is the springs for both, each solid pieces. hammered 2 steel posts beside them, secured with wire. have been using those for 2 years. cukes, beans, whatever. they were free and work well.

considerations

Think anyone on the forum would have an interest in a slightly used but pretty much pristine

Exeltech XP 250 watt 12 volt inverter and a
True charge 20amp Multistage Battery charger in the same condition? 

Since I upgraded to a bigger system I don't need them anymore.

MountainDon

Exeltech makes a quality product. I've used them.

It should be mentioned that they are pure sine wave inverters.

And the True Charger is a great charger from what I've read.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Whitlock

Quote from: considerations on December 10, 2009, 02:44:03 PM
Think anyone on the forum would have an interest in a slightly used but pretty much pristine

Exeltech XP 250 watt 12 volt inverter and a
True charge 20amp Multistage Battery charger in the same condition? 

Since I upgraded to a bigger system I don't need them anymore.

How many $$$$
Make Peace With Your Past So It Won't Screw Up The Present

considerations

Exceltech XP 250 V12 Model XP2-1-1-6-1 Inverter new was about $300 so $150.

Xantrex Truecharge 20 Amp charger was about $375 new so $200.

I also have a 30 AMP DC breaker come to think of it that works with them. 

Beavers

Do you still have the inverter Considerations?

considerations

"Do you still have the inverter Considerations?"  Yep  :-\

Beavers

considerations

Exceltech XP 250 V12 Model XP2-1-1-6-1 Inverter new was about $300 so $150.  Spoken for.

Still available:

Xantrex Truecharge 20 Amp charger was about $375 new so $200.

I also have a 30 AMP DC breaker come to think of it that works with them. 

MountainDon

Cheap!!!!  Or less!!!!

Old RV generator.  
4000 watt Dometic
approx 700 hours
??? or may it's about 500... I may have it confused with my other gen.
last run about 3-4 years ago
it made electricity as well as noise
it was replaced with quieter unit
electric start
complete except for exhaust pipe and muffler
I'd remove the hour meter panel with start, stop and run switch, from the RV if asked nicely
you would need to sort out three wires (they used to be marked)  ::)
I'll even toss in a good muffler
it's still noisy with it
it's very heavy; 2 man heavy
probably has a cast iron cylinder (and everything else cast iron too.)
it has been covered to keep rain off it.
cover off for pictures.
garden hose not included

as you can see it is not in the RV
I do not have it setup to start or run

You haul away so this might be best used by a NMexican or someone wanting a road trip.   dug?
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

dug

Tempting. I always love a good road trip, especially one with a practical purpose!  ;D

Unfortunately I'm having some auto issues at the time. Might be able to wedge it in the mini-van?

MountainDon

I'll measure it tomorrow. As I said it is very heavy. I can not lift it by myself.

MountainDon

23 x 12 x 16 H

If dug or anyone else wants it speak up.  I have had it on craigslist a few times and never had a nibble. Since listing it here I had a craigslist response.  :o   It's a low ball one, but still it's an offer. However, since I said it was available for the cost of the trouble of someone coming for it here before any advert response I'll give till Monday for a "for sure" from dug or anyone here to have it for free. Pickup need not be immediate, but a solid "yes" answer would be needed.

MountainDon

This is a real longshot........

Tube slide parts. 24" Dia. Top and bottom L's. Main tube 7 feet long.  works with 48 to 60" platform height. $1200 replacement cost.

$600

pmichelsen

WANTED: Gooseneck Sign Lights

I am looking for two matching Gooseneck Sign Lights.

I am located in Northern California, thought these seem to be fairly light so shipping might be an option.

I will be using these to light my horseshoe pits at the cabin so that we can actually use them after 5:00pm in the winter!

Here is a photo if you are unfamiliar:

And here is a photo of my father's setup (he is always trying to one up me):

If you have anything like this let me know, finish isn't really important to me as I will most likely powder coat them anyway, even without the gooseneck I may still be interested, as I could make that if I had to. The shade is the main thing.

pmichelsen

Just incase anyone actually looks in here I found my lights, took me a year but I was able to track down some nice porcelain ones from the 40's.

MountainDon

The generator previously listed is gone.
The tube slide previously listed is gone (used that for the winter food storage)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for something new for sale; definitely not a give away and not an item for barter.

Condominium in Austin, TX.
389 sq ft, yes; not a misprint, 389 sq ft
built 1983, 1 bedroom, 1 bath

MLS# 5684086

Gary O

Inherited approx. 200 boxes of fire starter sticks (14 per box).
This is what's left from a full semi load that a buddy and I dealt with for the scouts.
$1/box
$.50/box for all that's left
Shipping can be worked out, but prefer UPS
Heck, anything can be worked out
Talk to me
Gary O'

I'm enjoying all that I own, the moment.

"Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air." Emerson

Gary O

Hey, there's only about a hunert left!

One thing I gotta say here;
Why why oh why do people/companies spend money on advertizing when 'quanities are limited'?
The verbiage is always 'Hurry, these won't last!'
Is it because they think we are so mentally inept that we'll say to ourselves and spouses, 'Shazam! I better get down there now while they still have some!'

Anyhoot, somebody's gotta want/use these.
I don't, or rather haven't, but plan on using some at the cabin to start my slash burns in the snow.
...and I'll ship them free (in the lower 48) if you buy 'em all...or half.
Hate to just toss them all on the slash pile....then again...

Wife thinks I'm a firebug. Watches me like a hawk.

Question;
Anyone know how far an enclosed flaming wood box can fly when a quart of gasoline is poured on it?
Answer;
Approx five feet further than your water hose will reach.

Lookin' forward to a PM, Email, or reply......
I may not respond right away, however, there's only a few raffle tickets left for winning this gigantic bridge back east..........

glenn kangiser

Gary, I think I see your problem here.  It seems to be in your target audience.

We have mostly Fine, Proud American Rednecks and Hillbillies. 

They seem to prefer another product such as my son here barbecuing at my place last weekend.....  [waiting]

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Gary O

By golly Glenn, yer right of course.....
I gotta upgrade to reglar clientele