permaculture design course for homesteaders - heavy on DESIGN!

Started by paul wheaton, February 10, 2017, 06:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul wheaton

This is a formal, 14 day course which includes natural building, alternative energy, earthworks, horticulture and lots more.  (it is also immediately followed by a two week appropriate technology course)

Sunday, May 28th through Saturday June 10th, 2017 near Missoula, Montana

This course is being led by Tim Barker, Geoff Lawton's former land manager.

Tim is also the author of the rocket powered oven book:

This course will have a strong emphasis on homesteading, and a very strong emphasis on design.  We estimate that the student will spend about four times more time drawing designs than in other PDCs. There will also be a bit of holistic management thrown in:

Permaculture and Holistic Management map (source)

This course will happen at my place, "wheaton labs" in montana.  I will be co-teaching during the whole course.   I am the producer, narrator and sometimes appear in dvd sets (Better Wood Heat, Wood Burning Stoves 2.0, and World Domination Gardening).  I'm also the co-creator of the permaculture playing cards:

I have lots of articles, youtube videos and permaculture podcasts.

Guest instructors include:

Thomas Elpel, author of Botany in a Day

Helen Atthowe, market gardener, 2000 acre organic farmer, orchardist, former extension agent, master gardener trainer and contributor to "Growing Fruits and Vegetables Organically"

Ernie and Erica Wisner, authors of the rocket mass heater builder's guide, design plans, books, and stars of several of my videos and podcasts:

jacqueline freeman, author of "the song of increase" and my favorite person in demonstrating what I call "reverence for bees"

davin hoyt, architect .... will be helping the students build their design skills - focusing on drawing.

all the details are on our permaculture design course page.