Deer Run- 16x26 in Oklahoma

Started by ScottA, October 11, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phalynx

I hope we have inspired you as much as you have inspired us!

desimulacra

Scott I just read thru this entire thread  c*. Thanks for taking the time to post here it has been an inspiration to me and many more I am sure  [cool]. Very nice place and design. I hope to start my cabin soon!!!
West Tennessee

ScottA

First post from Deer Run. We've been sleeping here for the past few nights. Still not finished but getting close.

New pics.

I had to tie up Felix to keep him from running back to the other house.

MountainDon

You'll have to teach that dog new tricks.  ;D

I'll bet it feels real nice to be sleeping there and pretty much calling the place home now!   [cool]
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

OkieJohn2

Perhaps Felix is just PO'd because you didn't think to pack his favorite buried bones.
Your new home is looking great, you've packed a lot of features in 16 x26.
The problem with foolproof devices is that they fail to take into account the ingenuity of fools

TexstarJim

It looks terrific Scott and now you will begin to enjoy all the fruits of your labor.  I'm really proud of how neat your place has turned out and I hope mine looks half as good. ;D
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"

mtman

Great to hear you are spending some nights in your new place. I've followed from the start, and really enjoyed all you have shared with us all. Thanks Scott, and the latest pics are great, and show what a fine job you have done!
Enjoy buddy, you earned it ;) Now if I could just talk you into building one for me  c*

ScottA

Thanks for all the kind words.

I spent the day staining cabinet doors and moving some more stuff. It got warm enough to test out the A/C today. Not really all that hot but I wanted to make sure it worked right.

mtman- Money talks me into things all the time.

Redoverfarm

Hope all is well in lieu of the storms that we heard was passing through OK yesterday. 

ScottA

We're all fine. The storms went around us but it was scary for a while. Thanks for the concern.

glenn kangiser

The place is really looking good, Scott.  You have been busy.

We were thinking of you and  our friends in your area too when we heard of the tornadoes.  Glad all is well.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

ScottA

Thanks for thinking of us.

Cabinet door pics.

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Redoverfarm

Sassy

Your place looks beautiful, Scott.  You can see lots of planning, creativity & hard work went into making your home!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

TexstarJim

Your cabinets turned super nice Scott, job well done! [cool]
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"

gibby

Hey Scott -

Selfish request, but could you post an up-to-date outside view of your finished cabin?  I'd love to see the finished product in the glory of springtime.

Thanks!  And congrats on a beautiful place.

Kevin

ScottA

Here's one from last spring. I'll try to get some new ones when the weather clears up.

Redoverfarm

Yeah you will have to do better than that Scott.  The door and the backhoe window would show the charm. ;)

ScottA

Kitchen finished

rick91351

I love it!  I bet you are proud of it!

Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

Thoughts-from-Jules

I have been really enjoying this project, thank you so much for sharing it with us!  Seems like I check it most days for updates! 

Beautiful pics of the kitchen!

I have been wondering how you are liking the concrete countertops?  Would you do them again?  I was excited to see you did them because it is something we have been considering for our future build at some point.  Just wondering how you are liking them now that they are in use and how the finish is holding up etc.  Any thoughts or tips on that? 

Lastly, aside from this great forum, was there any additional resource you got your inspirations from (books, websites etc)?

Julie~        "The Future Comes One Day at a time."

ScottA

I would give the concrete tops a B. They where more work than I'd want to do again. If I had the money I would have gone with black granite. But they get the job done and the cost was very low. The finish is holding up fine so far. My recomendation to the non-pro would be to buy pre made tops.

As for inspiration, I looked at hundreds of websites from all over the world. Finehomebuilding.com is a good one.

John Raabe

Nice job Scott!

That is a fine small kitchen - very workable with no wasted space.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

Thoughts-from-Jules

Thanks for the feedback about the counters!  Good to know they are working out good for you.  Thanks so much for sharing this project with all of us on these forums, you are providing much inspiration!
Julie~        "The Future Comes One Day at a time."