May 4, !970

Started by sparks, May 04, 2011, 10:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

This page has been intentionally left blank.

sparks
My vessel is so small....the seas so vast......

Native_NM

Quote from: sparks on May 04, 2011, 10:10:09 PM
This page has been intentionally left blank.

sparks

This space was intentionally filled.  ;D
New Mexico.  Better than regular Mexico.

sparks

Your thoughts NM...????

sparks

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

sparks

Hi Mtn Don,

Do you remember where you were when the Kent State fiasco went down?

S

MountainDon

not a clue anymore    ???
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

Quote from: sparks on May 04, 2011, 10:39:37 PM
Hi Mtn Don,

Do you remember where you were when the Kent State fiasco went down?

At James Madison (Madison College then) taking part of a smaller "Let's hang Nixon" event.

Most people don't realize this started several days before outside of the local bars. Outside instigators came into town, barricaded streets and broke windows, started small fires and generally raised hell. There were really no students involved other than as spectators.

This scared the Mayor who asked the Governor to call in the National Guard. That started the ball rolling.

Most younger people think the late 60's and 70's were Peace, Love and Rock and roll. They don't realize that this was an extremely violent time in American History. Bombings, Burning and Unrest continued for nearly a decade after Kent State.
I can still hear Abbie Hoffman's hate speech. "Kill the Pigs"...and he wasn't just spouting rhetoric either.

I usually do a piece for Old Va. on this day. I decided to pass this year because we have bigger fish to fry, bigger fights coming and most of us are getting too old for it.
In those days I wanted to make this country a better place and knew we could do it.

Now, I realize that the future for the USA as it once was, is pretty bleak. :-\

S
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

Windpower

Often, our ignorance is not as great as our reluctance to act on what we know.