New Okanogan Thread

Started by navybobunderway, July 03, 2017, 04:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navybobunderway

w*
Just got done reading a bunch of mostly older threads.
Wife and I are landowners now, ready to hit the redoubt and build our own idea of heaven.
Curious to see if we still have many likeminded around here.

OlJarhead

Welcome.  I'm sure you do (have like minded people that is)....where abouts are you?

ChugiakTinkerer

Welcome to the forum!

My wife and I just got back from our property, where our little cabin is still in progress.  It's incredibly satisfying building your own place, but it's one heck of a lot of work.  You'd best have a strong back and a clever mind, as you'll need both when building your own place.
My cabin build thread: Alaskan remote 16x28 1.5 story

navybobunderway

Hey Jarhead, Currently on the Carl Vinson. Our spot is near Oroville/Lake Wannacut, you?

navybobunderway

Tinkerer, that place looks like heaven....

OlJarhead

Quote from: navybobunderway on July 12, 2017, 09:20:59 AM
Hey Jarhead, Currently on the Carl Vinson. Our spot is near Oroville/Lake Wannacut, you?

East of Tonasket about 23 miles :)

navybobunderway

Hey Jarhead, sorry been on leave, sounds like we are two different ways out of Tonasket, but as far as landowners go, practically neighbors, lol.
Any advice on roughcut or equipment operators...both on our radar for initial projects. Career talk? I'm 16 year Senior Chief, counting the days (years, ugh) to 20....

OlJarhead

Sorry I missed this.

Are you at Widbey?  I was thinking there weren't any ships out there anymore and I thought Bainbridge was shut down too?

4 more years huh?  Well thanks for your service, keep your head down and in no time you'll be part of the 1st Civ Div!  I didn't retire but did 9 active years with a split in the middle but became a single Dad so hung up my boots.

Anyway, not sure about operators but there are some mills around that sell rough cut lumber so I don't think it will be an issue to get some.  As mentioned in the other thread, I just mill.