What do you do with the old dish?

Started by Jimmy C., March 27, 2006, 06:04:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassy

benevolance... now don't give Glenn any NEW ideas  :o -- I guess I'll have to tell you about how he got his pet name...

you've probably read in some of the postings about the methane generator & the gasifier?  Well, I told him he didn't have to build one, that we already had the  GLENNA$$IFIER!!!

i BETTER WATCH OUT, GLENN MIGHT USE HIS ADMINISTRATIVE POWERS ON ME!!!!
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

Now that you two have totally drug this conversation down to the gutter----- :-/

being the fair guy that I am I think John will have to be the one to clean this mess up.  It would be a conflict of interest if I did it. :-/

butt, pay she will...............
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

PEG688

QuoteNow that you two have totally drug this conversation down to the gutter----- :-/

Smells more like a sewer, pee yooo

butt, pay she will...............

No physical violence ,    But   ;D ;D
When in doubt , build it stout with something you know about .

benevolance

Well I guess it is a little childish...But I do not watch tv..So I have always entertained myself.

I envision the fart game was super popular back on the old homesteads before TV!

I have always been bad about the gas...

Cleaned out a friends wedding reception hall one time :o..Nobody would go back in.. the band stopped playing for several minutes....I thought it was hilarious... My friends wife still gives me the evil eye when we talk about that....

I stopped worrying about what I was gonna eat a long time ago...I usually have coffee and burritos for breakfast (along with a glass of cranberry juice and 2 vitamins)

If my wife would make baked beans I would eat them every day! I do try to make fire alarm chili at least once a month.

Corned beef and cabbage is another of my favorite meals...I am not talking about those wussy little cans of corned beef...I am talking about Corned beef shoulder. Sad that a lot of grocery stores do not sell it...I have to ask for it.

First snap of cold weather back in Canada we would make either Chili or Crned beef and Cabbage on the woodstove...We never, ever had an electric stove in the house I grew up in...Enterprise woodstove with a oven and a warming rack.

I don't care what anyone says...Food tastes better cooked on the old woodstove.

Beans, bacon, weiners and pepparoni are to die for cooked on the old woodstove.

Lucky my metabolism is high...Else I would be 300 pounds.

-Peter

Jimmy C.

QuoteI guess I'll have to tell you about how he got his pet name...

you've probably read in some of the postings about the methane generator & the gasifier?  Well, I told him he didn't have to build one, that we already had the  GLENNA$$IFIER!!!

I think I have discovered how Glenn Has been off the grid for so long now.

The hardest part is getting past the mental blocks about what you are capable of doing.
Cason 2-Story Project MY PROGRESS PHOTOS

Sassy

benevolance,  I just  cooked a corned beef on the old woodstove a few days ago - boiled some potatoes in the pot after the corned beef was done, then added the cabbage.  We like that dish, too!  I cooked it on St Patrick's day also.  We hadn't had it for about a year.  

I used to work 12 hr nights in ICU with a couple guys (nurses too) who had some problems with excess flatulance...  anyway, they thought it was a special talent... so, amongst all the lovely smells that can come from very sick patients in intensive care & cleaning them up... in fact, one time I had one of the housekeepers come up to me & tell me the bed was leaking oil... you can imagine what was leaking off the end of the bed... will spare you with the details  :o  I guess I've built up a high tolerance... doesn't mean I like it but have to laugh - it seems guys just like to see what type of response they get from the women around them & the more response, the better they like it  :-/ - but we had a lot of laughs working the night shift, tho - one time a patient asked if he could be invited to the party, he thought the nurses station was a bar... (they sometimes get a little hallucinatory with the medications & being sick)

Good picture, Jimmy  :-/ - I guess now that I've degraded the forum even more... will get back to the original topic... the old dish (that's what started it...  ::) )

We have an old satelite dish - some of those gazebos are kinda cute - you have a ready-made roof.  We could possibly use that somewhere up here on the mountain.
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

:-[ :'(

I try not to do that anymore, Jimmy.  I caught my pants on fire doing that once. :-/  The man in the picture is demonstrating the proper technique though.  Lighting it squatted down causes the flames to rise between your legs igniting your pants and possibly your beard. :(

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

benevolance

In all honesty I felt bad for stinking out the hall...I was younger.. and half drunk at the time...So better judgement was failing me.

But no more immature silliness for me...I am 31 today...It is going to be all mature mannr of fact stately business sort of things from me ::)

Speaking of corned beef....Some people wonder if it was lust, love, companionship, lonliness that makes a man marry his wife..

Me I would be happy with a good corned beef a couple times a year!

;D

glenn kangiser

I'm withholding comment on this one due to the fragile condition of this thread. :-/

glenn kangiser

Peter, all this talk about beans caused my wife to go out and buy me several cans of good quality baked beans -- not home-made but still pretty satisfying.

I just ate a whole dish full of them now---yummy.

glenn kangiser