Icosa....

Started by Kris, August 22, 2013, 01:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I started this project awhile ago,,,,..finally got some free time to sheet the icosa....next step is the mud and taping and painting.....and a finally stucco coat and then the cabin is finally done...minus adding some shelves and what not....always something,,,ha ha

UK4X4

Kris

the photo of the cabin was about a month before the snow,,,,,I am close to finishing the little cabin,,,just tinkering on stuff now.... Most of my energy this year went to the planting of 1700 trees near by.  and in a drought year to top it off,,,,(the photo is from mid summer)...spent many days watering....the trees make an 11 acre shape...looking forward to getting a dug out next year..

speedfunk

damn..thats a lot of trees!! Nice :)

Plywood makes nice and clean sections.  looks great.
Any idea how to finish/cover the hub sections?

Kris

for the hub connections i made a 5 sided (flat icosa) shape and it will just push against the walls where all the points meet ....everything is pretty custom in this little structure...i had put one of my proto type hub connections in place and it seems each wall is just slightly different. my south wall is out an inch but that goes back to the original framing......what a learning curve this building has been... !!.

Kris

as for the trees...pictured above is just the south row,,, lots of poplar,some scot pines and a whole row of maple that were mis-labled and should have been hawthorn shrubs.  i have been told that the maples will act more bush like if planted so close like i have done...we will see....  the other rows have lilac, willow, hawthorn and the trees that struggled the most were the spruce...i lost about 80 percent of them... it did not rain all summer...  a shelter belt is a must.

speedfunk

well you know which ones are tuff now :D