Really STUPID People

Started by MountainDon, March 27, 2008, 01:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MountainDon

:o :o

Man fatally shoots wife while installing satellite TV system
The Associated Press

SEDALIA, Mo. | Officials are trying to determine whether to file charges against a man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite television system in their home.

Patsy D. Long, 34, of Deep Water, was pronounced dead early Saturday evening after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun. Her husband, Ronald Long, fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

The woman, who was outside the house, was hit by the second of two shots fired by Ronald Long, the Henry County Sheriff's Department said.

Sheriff's Department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

"Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges," Hills said.

Henry County Coroner Scott Largent declined to release details about Patsy Long's death until the Sheriff's Department completes its investigation.

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

glenn kangiser

I'm afraid this thread may get really long. [crz]
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Daddymem

Really, how stupid.  Everyone knows you get a much better hole for the bolts with a .38....bonehead. d*

:)
Où sont passées toutes nos nuits de rêve?
Aide-moi à les retrouver.
" I'm an engineer Cap'n, not a miracle worker"

http://littlehouseonthesandpit.wordpress.com/

Homegrown Tomatoes

At least he wasn't intentionally TRYING to shoot her... I grew up in an old pre-statehood house that had a hole in the middle of the living room floor that my mom always kept covered with a big crocheted rug.  I remember as a little kid asking her about it, and she told me that the man who lived there for a while (renting from her mom) had tried to shoot his wife and missed.  The hole would have worked fine for cable, but would have been a really dumb spot for a TV.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Daddymem on March 27, 2008, 05:16:14 AM
Really, how stupid.  Everyone knows you get a much better hole for the bolts with a .38....bonehead. d*

Leave it to an engineer to want to use the proper tool for the job.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Redoverfarm

I'm sorry there is nothing that can be said to justify this mans stupidity.   >:(

peternap

Quote from: glenn kangiser on March 27, 2008, 09:24:19 AM
Quote from: Daddymem on March 27, 2008, 05:16:14 AM

Leave it to an engineer to want to use the proper tool for the job.

I just can't think of anything to top that.  rofl :-X
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!