House showing

Started by Homegrown Tomatoes, March 14, 2008, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homegrown Tomatoes

:)  I just got a call that our house in WI is being shown today... I hope they like it!!!! ;D  I'm ready for an offer, any offer, so that we can begin the negotiation process and get out of the rent house, the sooner the better... I think I'm allergic to the carpets or something in here.  I think it's the second or third time someone has been to look at it (not sure... they keep calling my cell phone instead of the home phone, and I usually don't have it turned on unless we're out running around somewhere.)

glenn kangiser

Good luck -- I hope you do OK in this tough market.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Homegrown Tomatoes

I hope so.  Anyway, I don't think there's any way we'll make less on it than we owe, or make less on it than we paid.  As all the neighbors told us when we bought it, we "stole" it for that price.  (I'm still not so sure about that, but according to the neighbors...)  I just hope we get an offer soon so we can start working with someone on the price, and I'm still hoping some sentimental woman will fall in love with that kitchen and want it no matter what the price.   ::)  It is a neat little kitchen.... I'll never put that much time and energy into remodelling one again, I'm sure.  There are houses still selling in that area.... and I think that'll pick up a bit with the warmer weather. (I hope, I hope, I hope....)

Mommymem

Good luck with the showing. Our old house is being shown tomorrow.. We've had a few but no bites yet. It's been on the market since last may.
"Change your thoughts and you change the world." -Norman Vincent Peale

http://schluterhomestead.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FDBuilders/

Homegrown Tomatoes

Whew, that's a long time!  I hope it sells soon.  When we moved to WI, our house here was in a terrible location, and it took us about a year and a half to sell it.... that was a long time to pay two mortgages, even if one was really low.  I'm hoping that as soon as the weather clears a little bit up there in WI, the house will sell... it is in a great location, especially if you work in the northern Chicago suburbs or in Racine, and it's really pretty.

Homegrown Tomatoes

Well, I FINALLY got a response to my multiple messages left for my realtor in WI today.  I've been trying to get some feedback for more than a week now.  She sent a cryptic email in such poor English that I'm not really sure what she was trying to say!  Hoo boy... looks like it could be a while before the house sells. ???

Homegrown Tomatoes

The realtor sent me another message to let me know that they'd gotten an additional 12" of snow, so she was rescheduling the broker's open house for April Fool's Day.  Think there's a hidden message in that?  Anyway, hopefully after that, she'll be able to give me some better feedback, like if it is priced right, etc.

Redoverfarm

HT I hope you get this resolved to lessen your stress level so you can devote to the little ones. Not a real good time to try to sell as I heard on the news today that the major cities housing market is down by 20% now.  I hope this downward spiral doesn't continue.  The more houses that people try to sell the worse it gets. Somebody needs to get their act together.