Land Rights - Do you own it? Discussion

Started by glenn kangiser, August 23, 2007, 11:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glenn kangiser

As big government gets stronger and stronger and we lose more and more of our rights, it is important to learn all we can about the laws our founding fathers put in place for us so that we can help to secure the future for our children and our children's children.

Have you been duped into believing that the state is the real owner of your land? :-?

They may control it - they tricked you into a contract, but there may be something you can do about it. :-/

You can let things continue as they are set up - living in your own little insecure world, or you can study the laws and possibly make your situation much more secure to the point of not being under the thumb of the ex-post facto laws that have been set up  (Totally legal but you must know your rights and securing processes to benefit from the real laws).

Check out   Land 101  http://teamlawproductions.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3

"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

StinkerBell

I recall just in the distant pass that the Supreme Court has ruled that private business can come in and take your property (pay you just the land value) if they can prove that the area can financially benefit from it. Granted I am paraphrasing what I recall, but thats the gist. States like Utah have since then made laws so that can not happen in their state. However, when did the supreme court become the final authority? I thought they are one of three ?

Ya know this rant has to do with the up coming Jury Duty :P

glenn kangiser

That is one of their more recent criminal acts.  The big three are trying to outdo each other in how fast they can destroy the rights and property of the peasants (us).  

You can only graduate to Federal politics after you have become the best there is.  Unfortunately most but not all in Federal Government have become the best criminals money can buy.  Apparently this includes some in the supreme court.

Follow the money -- works here too.

Sorry about your jury duty, Stink. It's really gonna suck. :(

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Sassy

I've posted a thread in "off-topics" on eminent domain - everyone should read about what is happening.  I have a friend in Connecticut where a judge ruled that eminent domain can be declared if the land will be more profitable to the city's tax base with someone else owning it... my friend said that homes that had been in owned by families since the 1800's were confiscated - these homes happened to be surrounding a lake - they sold it to someone who tore down the houses & built condominiums.  

Here at CountryPlans, everyone is pretty independent & have plans to own land & build or already in the process.  It's important to be aware of what the gov't officials are planning & take a pro-active stance to prevent it.  The more familiar you are with the original laws pertaining to the constitution & your rights, the more chance you have fighting it.   :-/ :)
http://glennkathystroglodytecabin.blogspot.com/

You will know the truth & the truth will set you free

glenn kangiser

Sassy

Just read an unbelievable, scary story on what is happening to some families in Jackson County, Oregon  :o >:(
another reason to get a land patent, although, in this case, I don't think there's anything that could protect you or your land from the criminal judges, county clerk, etc

HOW I.R.S. STEALS ESTATES FROM BENEFICIARIES & HEIRS

Preamble: Read this invaluable article very carefully and you will clearly see how Jackson County Clerk Kathy Beckett, Lawyer's Title Company, two county attorneys, one state judge and two federal judges aid and abet the IRS in their crimes of financial rape. In Jackson County, Oregon this happens several hundred times each year, you just don't hear about it.

The cornerstone of justice in this nation used to be due process of law – however, the out-of-control IRS, for decades has been simply pulling figures (they say is owed) out of thin air, attaching it to a person using an uncertified notice and then confiscating their property. No trial, no court and absolutely no due process!
con't at above link...

ScottA

Interesting reading. Land law is about the trickiest law there is and here's why. To own land one must have claim to it and must be able to enforce that claim. It's not enough to simply have a piece of paper saying you own it that is filed with the county. If the county/state/federal government decides not to help you enforce your claim and someone else decides to take your land what can you really do to stop them? This is how companies are able to get land through eminent domain. The goverment decides to enforce someone elses claim to your property. Whoa! you say they can't do that it's against the law. They just did and unless you've got a bigger army you will lose. How'd the army get into this? What do you think secures the rights of Americans to live and exploit this little corner of the planet? Men with guns or some other wepons took it and said this belongs to us now.

By now you're thinking Scott is some kind of nut. But think about it for a minute. If someone takes what's yours who's going to stop them? If that someone has the backing of a more powerful force than you then you'll lose, period. Ever hear of squatters or ever read a rental/lease agreement where there is a clause about forfitting squatters rights? If you abandon your property i.e. fail to enforce your claim to it and someone else sets up housekeeping and you don't stop them, in many cases they can take your land and the government will let them. Not only will they let them but they'll give them a deed to it if they do it right. Wait a minute you say that land belongs to me. I have a deed to it. You may have a deed but the government has an intrest in making that land productive and therefore increasing it's value which in turn generates more tax revenue. With this in mind they(the government) will decide to enforce the new owners claim to the land. Guess what? Men with guns just took your land. What can you do about it?

Bottom line is this. If you want to keep your land you must enforce your claim to it by all possible means. Obviously you shouldn't declare war on the government but you can make sure you have proper title to the land, maintain a presence on the land, pay the taxes on the land and scream bloody murder if someone tries to take it. Beyond that your only recourse is having men with guns secure your claim. Good luck with your land patents. They don't mean jack unless you have an army. It's not all bad news though. Sometimes the government changes it's mind about whos claims it's willing to support. Read about the Pequot indians the richest tribe in America. http://www.dickshovel.com/peq.html

Scott

peternap

Nothing tricky about it Scott. Do I own my land.......YES !!!!!!!!!

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

That's one "government" you don't want to mess with!   ;D ;D  45-70
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

ScottA

benevolance

do not think anyone owns land...I mean I am looking at forcing the state to take land from a potential neighbor so I can have a driveway to my land and there may not be anything the other guy can do about it...If he will not sell me enough land for a driveway I hire a lawyer and the state takes it away from him.

As messed up as this sounds it is not a sci fi saturday night saga...It is the system which we are expected to live in and under...

We rent land only guys...we pay taxes on it for life...If we miss a payment they take it...If they say they need it for development they take it....and there is little we can do to stop them...Plain and Simple

John Raabe

Benevolance makes a good point.

The term is property rights, rather than unrestricted property ownership. Rights exist inside a system of law. That means the ever-changing social world of lawyers, judges and government will define what rights you as a property "owner" will have. There are many things you can't do on your land. There are zoning laws, easements, covenants, mineral and water rights, and title restrictions - all of which can limit your freedom. And most of these laws are supported by most people. You can challenge laws and decisions, hire lawyers, and spend your time fighting "city hall" if you want. You may even be able to change the laws and get your view to prevail.

However, if you think bullets are the answer, and you are really willing to push this to the limit, then you may find your freedoms restricted even further. :P

Society defines property rights... At least it's better than serfdom or the whims of the King! :D You always have the freedom to sell it.  :-* ???
None of us are as smart as all of us.

peternap

Your wrong John! Violence is always the ultimate argument.
What most people don't understand is that threatening violence will get you locked up. Using violence can get someone killed. Violence against the King will most likely include yourself as the deceased.

Now do you own the land....If you are willing to accept that you will own the land until death and that may come sooner rather than later......Yes, you do own it!

Remember:
rex basium meus ass

These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

peternap

rex = king
basium = kiss
meus = my
Shocked Shocked Shocked

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

benevolance

sounds like a motto to live by I say

Only I think that everyone that disagrees with the way I want to live can pucker up ;)

Sassy

Couple barred from living in £1million house for year after protected newts move in after flood
By LUKE SALKELD

Since floods ruined their £1million home, John and Margie Histed have been squeezed into a caravan in the grounds.

That was eight months and £250,000 worth of repairs ago.

Yet the couple still can't move back into the house - because the great crested newt apparently got there first.

The slippery squatter was discovered when a blocked drainage ditch near the couple's garden sent water coursing through the property again last week.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=546432&in_page_id=1770

& yet another "eminent domain" case...
Hollywood can use eminent domain on downtown property, court rules

By Ihosvani Rodriguez | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    March 26, 2008

A state appeals court on Wednesday ruled the city of Hollywood can take a family's downtown property and give it to a private developer.

In a 3-0 decision, the Fourth District Court of Appeal reversed a 2006 ruling by Broward Circuit Judge Ronald J. Rothschild in favor of the Mach family.

The family has owned a 2,900-square-foot building on Harrison Street for decades. They city wanted to use eminent domain to obtain the Mach property and give it to developer Charles "Chip" Abele. The developer had plans to replace the Mach structure with a 19-story condo and retail tower called Young Circle Commons. Adding the Mach parcel would enable the developer to preserve the facade of the historic Great Southern Hotel and historic preservation is an acceptable reason for a government to take private property, the court said in a 3-0 ruling.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-0326eminentdomain,0,1396245.story