26' X 30' 1 1/2 loft handcrafted log cabin, Chesaw WA

Started by heep70, May 07, 2009, 02:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heep70

Here in my log cabin that I have been building for a thousand years now.  Nope, just kidding.  It has been a long time build thou.  Not in a huge hurry and it is 320 miles away from me.  Right now it is just a shell with a roof besides the loft floor and back door.  It is a one and a half loft butt method log cabin.  The logs I fell, drug, peeled and stacked every log from my property.  This summer the base floor, windows and one more of the doors will go in.  I am also going to chink it with mortor nothin fancy.  I will before I chink hand stuff the spaces between the logs with fiberglass insulation and the tack down aluminum lath to hold the mortor.  I will get something going soon for pics.  It has been fun and at the same time nerve racking build.  I am ready to get it done and stay in it.  I must give a special thanks to all my friends and family for the generious amounts of help they have provided.

Enjoy.   8)

This is the side/front of the cabin.  The log about midway up on the side is where the loft floor deck will be along with a door and a window.  The front will have a resest porch and the porch will also stretch down the front of the cabin.

Alasdair

Awesome job Heep! Looking forward to seeing more, :D
Al

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

apaknad

great work heep. don't forget to invite us to the house warming party. ;D
unless we recognize who's really in charge, things aren't going to get better.

heep70

A chinking party is what I need to do  d*

It has taken me a long time to do this.  It has never been a job or a high priority for me.  Just sorta a fun goal and it is also 320 miles away.  These past three seasons I have stepped up the pace a bit because of raising fuel costs and my bones are getting tired and wanna see what it is like to relax in it.  I real don't have alot to do to get it sealed in, I should (I hope) get that all done this summer except for the actual chinking.  I will get the fiberglass and most of the wire done before the snow flies again.  Oh, the elevation is 5,000' so I only get to work on it when it isn't buried in snow.  This winter I should be able to pack in and work on the inside stuff with a wood stove to keep me warm.

I bought the land I think back in 88" and I beleive I started in 92"  ???

heep70

Been awhile since I have been here  ???.  All the windows are in, doors are in and some furnishing.  Propane cook stove, wood stove and some furniture.  I am headed up there for 11 days to do the mortor in between the logs at the end of July.  Hoping to get it all done(mortor).  Enjoy