20x30 1.5 Story in Flagstaff AZ

Started by Matthewpeace, August 04, 2014, 12:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

here is the first section of the stairs to the landing and the new ppst .  I am waiting on my custom joist hangers for the stair header to finish in a few days

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

dablack

Looks great!  What are you going to do with the floor?  I've got rough cut, random width 1x material down right now. 

thanks
Austin

Matthewpeace

The floor is 2x6 rough on the bottom smooth on the top.  It will be getting staind and is the finish floor

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

These last couple weeks have been really busy.  I head put after work every night to finish misc framing , drywall nailers finished the upstairs bedroom walls and pony wall around the stairs, wired for cable/cat5/ and surround sound in the walls.  I passed all my rough trade inspections yesterday and the insulation will be done on Monday ready for drywall.

Matthewpeace

The insulation in done and inspected.  The wood stove is installed and ready to burn to keep the house warm for drywall this week

Matthewpeace

Matthewpeace

This weekend most of the malapai rock for the wood stove was installed and I poured the first layer of the shower pan.

Matthewpeace

dablack

GO! GO! GO!

You are turning out the work!  Nice job.  Looks good too. 

Matthewpeace

Quote from: dablack on February 09, 2015, 08:46:31 AM
GO! GO! GO!

You are turning out the work!  Nice job.  Looks good too.

Thanks,
It takes every minute I have working to get this far.  I feel like I am running out of time as my current lease ends in about 45 days.  I think we will make the timeframe however.

Matthewpeace

MountainDon

Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

Matthewpeace

Thanks.. It has turned out well so far.  We have not decided on whether to keep it bright metal or paint it black to match our header hangers

MountainDon

I might go for the paint. Or chrome it...   ;D   :-\
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

rick91351

Military = If you can't move you paint it.   ;)  Very nice BTW. 
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

MountainDon

Hot Rodder = If it don't go, chrome it.   ;D

Matthewpeace

We decided on paint as its the nicest affordable option for us.  I got the primer coat started.  I think it will come out nice