little house remodel

Started by Jens, November 13, 2008, 11:28:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

You ready to install a 1.000 pound staircase?

no, not really.  The front bedroom is going to become a family room/tv room type of thing, and we are going to be moving into the bedroom the kids were in.  In the front BR, there is a closet that I am going to put a simple staircase/ladder in.  Might even put a door up, so we can close the stairs off (makes it seem more like axillary space).  I really need to do it soon, but the tile on the hearth must come first so that we can get the woodstove back in.

I spent about 5-6 hours sanding drywall today in a customer's house.  Boy am I whooped!  Yesterday was spent sanding, mudding, and then going over to the big house to line up with the plumber and jack up the floors.  Tomorrow we are going to Chattanooga for Shabbat supper at a friends house before he leaves for Israel and the IDF.  Maybe tile on Sunday, don't know.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

Jens

Well, never got the woodstove back in, and have the gas bills to prove it!  I was too busy working on the big house to do just about anything here.  Trying to get gardens in now.  The wife had me build a bunch of raised beds, and we had 12 yards of soil delivered.  Will have a few hundred corn stalks, cucumber, squash, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, beans, peas, potatoes, broccoli, artichokes, and I am not even sure what else.  I leave that up to her.  Have a bunch of photos of the big house-we ended up reframing half the roof, and maybe 25% of the walls-to post soon.  Spray foam insulation, roof, electrical, plumbing and drywall are done.  Now it is on to finish work.  I did take a week off over spring break to refinish the floors while the family spent the week in New Hampshire.
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!