20x24ft Cape Style Cottage in ME

Started by Vinalhavencandyco, February 07, 2009, 04:01:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinalhavencandyco

Hey Everybody,

Here is the link to my PhotoBucket account. This is the first set of pictures. You can see where I did lots of clearing and the fire from when I burned all the brush. My cottage is going to go right where the trailer is. Behind it, there will be yard until the top of the hill where I plan to plant some fruit trees. There will be more pictures to come as I make further headway. I'm waiting for the ground to thaw so I can put in the pilings. After I do, I will post pictures of that. The next set of pictures will be of my Father's smaller sister cottage that he built in Nova Scotia.

I will have many questions throughout this process and look forward to hearing everybody's input.

--Josh

https://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/TurtleGurl8813/
^^If that doesn't work, tell me and I will work on it some more.^^

b33b

Nothing like some snow to make the burning safer.  Do they want you to get a burn permit in the winter?  I built a 16x24 cabin in Friendship and have a few spruce fall down each year.  You are in for a lot of fun.

Vinalhavencandyco

Yep they issue a week burning permit or just one for the day. Stop by the fire department in and out. Your telling me the snows nice to have for burning to worries. The trees here fall down all the time, I often wounder how my woods stay woods. hahaha I got my first order set and ready to go just waiting for show to get gone I hope the first week of march I can get the tractor and auger in, so I can place pilings. Josh

glenn kangiser

We don't need a permit now but have to wait for burn days -- I think it is good to get a jump on it as we still have a lot that didn't burn last year.  I have had a few good fires this winter - pushed the brush up with my Bobcat.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Vinalhavencandyco

Well a lot has gotton done sence I started construction May 10. Just my Father and I, doing the work. Lots done, but lots to go. Check out the photos at photo bucket.

Vinalhavencandyco

Sorry about the mistake. The pictures hadn't been put on Photo Bucket yet. Will get them posted asap. Getting the site cleaned up and ready for our big rain coming.