Deer Run- 16x26 in Oklahoma

Started by ScottA, October 11, 2007, 03:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottA

w* Texas Tornado

I don't belive the septic needs to be first. If you already have a perk test and approved septic location that should be good enough. All having the septic does at this stage is to assure you have an approved building site.  I didn't install my septic till the house was half done because I knew the ground would perk and it wasn't an issue. Most builders around here don't put the septic in until the house is almost finished.

jdhen

I'll second that, Scott.  Our septic was placed when we were more that halfway done and we could have waited even longer but that was when our installer was available.  As long as you know where it will go, you're all set!
Jesse

Texas Tornado

That just might be the issue....We have not figured out where to put the septic..Sucks living in 1 state and trying to get stuff done in another..

Texas Tornado

Any online links to how to find out size requirements for buildings...The area is rural and Dad thinks we don't need any permits for anything  :o

ScottA

Rural or not you'll need a septic permit from the state. Pick a likely spot where you want your septic close to your building site and get it perk tested by a licenced tester. He will file the test with the state then the installer can get the permit. The perk test will tell you how big the system needs to be and what type.

Redoverfarm

Quote from: Texas Tornado on August 08, 2010, 01:02:04 PM
That just might be the issue....We have not figured out where to put the septic..Sucks living in 1 state and trying to get stuff done in another..

Try to pick an area that the system will work but not eliminate your prime building site.  A lot of people when first beginning will pick the easiest site for the septic have it installed and discover that they have to build on an alternative (less desirable) portion for their house. 

Texas Tornado

I am attempting to create a photobucket account and try to get pics uploaded...I will start a thread called "The Barn"...Thank You Scott for letting me hijack your thread  ;D
Irene

Uppa Gumtree

Hi,

We are new here.  Forgive us for temporarily hi jacking your thread, but your Deer Run project is great and such an inspiration.  Currently we are on page 11 of this thread and reading through the entirety.  We have our 3 year plan in place for land and a small house (576 SF).  We are looking forward to posting its progress as well.

Ron and Jan
Uppa Gumtree

ScottA

Floor and deck framing for the guest house complete.

Texas Tornado

ScottA

Texas Tornado

ScottA

No plans. Building it out of my head.  ;)

glenn kangiser

Quote from: Uppa Gumtree on August 10, 2010, 08:03:47 AM
Hi,

We are new here.  Forgive us for temporarily hi jacking your thread, but your Deer Run project is great and such an inspiration.  Currently we are on page 11 of this thread and reading through the entirety.  We have our 3 year plan in place for land and a small house (576 SF).  We are looking forward to posting its progress as well.

Ron and Jan
Uppa Gumtree

w*  Looking forward to seeing your project.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

glenn kangiser

Quote from: ScottA on August 20, 2010, 07:15:47 AM

I do that a lot.  I call them "meat plans".

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

rick91351

Quote from: glenn kangiser on August 20, 2010, 07:43:53 AM

I do that a lot.  I call them "meat plans".

I love to do that and it drives everyone else (the wife) nuts!
Proverbs 24:3-5 Through wisdom is an house builded; an by understanding it is established.  4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.  5 A wise man is strong; yea, a man of knowledge increaseth strength.

TexstarJim

Scott, you've come a long way since the last time I opened your thread.  It all looks so great and I'm very proud for you.  Terrific job and I congratulate you on how it all turned out. ;D
Rule #1: "Don't sweat the small stuff"
Rule #2: "It's all small stuff"

ScottA

glenn kangiser

Quote from: rick91351 on August 20, 2010, 08:57:59 AM
Quote from: glenn kangiser on August 20, 2010, 07:43:53 AM
No plans. Building it out of my head.  ;)

I do that a lot.  I call them "meat plans".

I love to do that and it drives everyone else (the wife) nuts!

They are not supposed to understand, Rick.... if they did, what would they need us for? [noidea'

Solar Burrito

Looks great, I like your land too. very flat and treed. VS steep and treed like ours.

You gotta change your profile pic though sometimes I think I'm actually watching Bruce Willis build a cabin.
Small Shelters, Off Grid Living, and Other Neat Stuff http://solarburrito.com

ScottA

I'll get right on it. Anyone else you'd rather see building a cabin?  ;D

Solar Burrito

haha, how about you? I bet you could build a better cabin than Bruce anyway.
Small Shelters, Off Grid Living, and Other Neat Stuff http://solarburrito.com

ScottA

Shawn B

Scott,  Hows the guest house coming along....been quiet about it for a couple months ?
"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule." Samuel Adams

ScottA

It's on hold at the moment. I'm up to my ears in paying work. Did someone say the economy was bad? Not for me. I'm hoping to get back on it around the first of November give or take a couple of weeks. The plan is to fast track it to dried in before Christmas. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for the intrest.