Sun Mar composting toilets

Started by John_M, April 23, 2008, 09:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John_M

I have used mine this summer and fall and really like it (Sun Mar ac/dc unit).  Unfortunately, I am not out at my place nearly as much as I would like...but that is another issue... d*

No odors in the cabin at all.  Have not had a chance to really overuse it...but so far so good.  I did build a little wooden platform to stand on instead of the little plastic stool they give you...helps out a lot.  The plastic step was awkward and actually kind of small.
...life is short...enjoy the ride!!

MountainDon

I agree on the step. In the shed we use a steel wire milk crate upside down.

In the cabin I'll go for a little more elegance.  :)
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

John_M

Quote from: MountainDon on October 23, 2008, 12:02:19 PM
I agree on the step. In the shed we use a steel wire milk crate upside down.

In the cabin I'll go for a little more elegance.  :)

That's what I like....a man who spares no expense for his castle!!!
...life is short...enjoy the ride!!

ScottA

A few cap blocks can do wonders.  ;D

peternap

I am using the Sunmar/Sealand low flush toilet.
http://www.sun-mar.com/prod_flush_seal.html

I actually bought the Sunmar system and kept the toilet and returned the rest of the system (Unused ;D)

I read about an earthworm composter and and tried it. I use it with a greywater system and it works beautifully and NO smell.
Aside from the toilet, it cost about 50 bucks.

Damn shame, I have the water system, crapper, sheds.solar, hydro and wind, but just can't quite get myself in gear to finish the house.
These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here!