Young and thinking of building the 20 x 30 1.5

Started by fishstix, December 18, 2005, 10:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishstix

This is the type of heat pump I am thinking of, it is not geo trermal, my dad has one like this and lives here in the NE and it works well for him.

http://trane.com/Residential/Products/HeatPumps/Mysteri.aspx

Daddymem

Hey, I just read about some heatpump in Maine that is supposed to be super efficient and still works fine up there in the cold...now where was that?
Où sont passées toutes nos nuits de rêve?
Aide-moi à les retrouver.
" I'm an engineer Cap'n, not a miracle worker"

http://littlehouseonthesandpit.wordpress.com/

fishstix

Here is what I am thinking of for the second Floor.

John Raabe

That layout might work. I would check with a cross section through the roof and loft. Check your heights at the toilet as this depends on the sidewall height. You will also want to figure out what to do with the waste stack if you are doing a T&G decking in the loft. Joists would be not problem. I would probably make the 1/2 bath at least 3.5' to 4' inside.
None of us are as smart as all of us.

fishstix

Thanks John.  Where you sit on the hopper the ceiling will be 7 foot, the lowest point in the bathroom will be 6 foot, the roof is 12 rise 12 run.  I am still debating what to do about the first floor ceiling but you do make a valid point.  

tjm73

QuoteThanks John.  Where you sit on the hopper the ceiling will be 7 foot, the lowest point in the bathroom will be 6 foot, the roof is 12 rise 12 run.  I am still debating what to do about the first floor ceiling but you do make a valid point.  

If need be, there is no reason you couldn't add a dormer in for the bathroom.

fishstix

I took a drive around my town today to check out Roofs ao small homes and the Salt Box has sparked my intrest.   Here is what I am thinking of if I have the Front door on the Long side of the house.

First Floor

Second Floor

tjm73

fishstix

LOL the staris are that Green part in the center of the house there is a 6' x 3' landing at the top.  I haven't figured out how to Cut a hole in the second floor to expose them yet.