We started framing the walls, and as expected some questions popped out:

1- Should the small walls be squeezed between the long walls as in

----------------------------
| |                                | |
| |                                | |

or could it be done with one side goes to the end and the other is butt against the intersecting wall as in:

| |--------------------------
| |--------------------------
| |                                 | |
--------------------------| |
--------------------------| |

The reason I am asking this is because the 30' walls are longer by 1/2" and I thought that the only way to get around this is by doing it as in the second illustration Or buy 12' 2x6 and use 10' 1/2" from it (I am framing 10' section at a time).

2- The edge of one of the short walls is off by 1/2" to make it perfectly 90 angle with the intersecting long wall. Would that be a problem to leave it as is? If I adjust it, I will be having the flooring protruding 1/2" which would leave a bump when sheathing the walls.

3- As I mentioned earlier, I am building the walls in 10' sections. I am adding an extra stud at the edge of each side. When I raise the adjacent sections and attach them together by nailing the edge studs, could I sheath the sections without having a 3/4" of the sheathing of one section attached to the next? I am asking this because it would defeat the purpose of attaching the sheathing before raising the wall if I have to build scaffolds on the exterior to nail what's left from the sheathing.

4- When framing the long walls, sometimes it happens that the king stud of an opening would fall in the same location as the 16" spacing studs. Should I add an extra stud next to the king stud? or is it ok to have a stud to act as both?

5- I have 3 windows 6'x6' on one long wall spaced 32" from the edge of the wall to the king stud of the window at both ends of the wall, and 24" between windows, again from king stud to king stud. Should I double up the king studs and the trimmer studs of the windows? And is it ok to have only 32" on each side of the wall?

6- On the other long wall I have 3' wide door and 2x 4' windows. Do I need to double the king studs and/or trimmer studs?

Thanks a lot

Sharbin

MarkAndDebbie