1.5 Story in Boyd TX

Started by bhunt, March 16, 2017, 10:26:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bhunt

I came across this forum and bought the 1.5 story house plans.  I wanted to make a few changes and have a friend/builder take on the project.  In short, I made my own plans and tackled the project myself.  I added 10 ft in length over all, 6 in living and 4 in bed room and 2 ft in height  I own 3-4 ish acres in the county and did the majority with cash.  Any questions, let me know.

Here is the spread.

bhunt

I had to bring in about 40 loads of select fill to build the pad, then it rained here for 40 straight days.

This is the drive way, the land is very private.

Some of the clearing.

I have a friend that is the the concrete business roughly 7 grand later.

A couple of the plans.

dablack

Looks good.  I'm going to have to google where Boyd Tx is. 

Also what is the slope on that porch!  I'm sure it is just the picture, but it looks like it drops 6" over 5'.

bhunt

Quote from: dablack on March 16, 2017, 12:56:27 PM
Looks good.  I'm going to have to google where Boyd Tx is. 

Also what is the slope on that porch!  I'm sure it is just the picture, but it looks like it drops 6" over 5'.

It's the way the picture is. It's not near as steep in person.

bhunt

2 Grand for doors and windows.  I did go with a wider door to help with the in and out of things.

The lumber was around 16K when all said and done.  The cedar siding was a whole another deal.

I was going to frame it myself, but was talked out of it.  Thankfully I didn't try.  Plus it only took a 4 people 2 days to do the entire thing.

Still 2x6 construction

bhunt

Decided on a normal stair case.

Thankfully the framer knew a roofer.  Its hard to find people around here to do a 12/12 pitch.

bhunt

For some reason this one reminds me of a Mexican restaurant.

The cedar adds a nice touch.  All 6 sides were treated with stain.  I finally figured out the tricks to putting it up.

Rys

Wow. You're moving right along. Looks great!

Tickhill

Really looks good, you'll be moved in by Sept. !
"You will find the key to success under the alarm Glock"  Ben Franklin
Forget it Ben, just remember, the check comes at the first of the month and it's not your fault, your a victim.

Pray while there is still time