10'x12' with loft...

Started by tinybuilder, November 02, 2009, 01:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinybuilder

This is a tiny home I've been building...

It rests on a raised cinderblock foundation which made it easy to install the utilities...

It has everything a regular home has: toilet, shower, sink, stove refrigerator, heater with remote solid state wall thermostat, bath ventilation fan and ceiling heater.

These pics are old, so I'll post some updated ones soon. And sorry, I have no plans as it just evolved as it was being built.

Redoverfarm

bayview

More pictures please . . .  :)

/
    . . . said the focus was safety, not filling town coffers with permit money . . .

MountainDon

w*   Feel free to post as many images as you can. We all love to see the details.
Just because something has been done and has not failed, doesn't mean it is good design.

verycoolwinter

Awesome!  I love tiny homes!  Please make a video also, and give us a welcome tour  :)
"I'm always thinking about Alaska."

tinybuilder

Thanks for the welcome!

It's not much farther along due to being busy at work... but the floors are tiled and the kitchen unit is in.

Got some more drywall on...

It has a front door now...

The kitchen unit is made by Acme, (of roadrunner fame!) and incorporated sink, stove and refrigerator all in one. My wife and I joke that you can sit on the toilet and cook dinner at the same time! :D

speedfunk

sweet ...very cool project.  I'm sure this house will give you huge amounts of freedom in the future.  Yes,  we do love pics :)

tinybuilder

Quote from: speedfunk on November 25, 2009, 02:23:26 PM
sweet ...very cool project.  I'm sure this house will give you huge amounts of freedom in the future.  Yes,  we do love pics :)
Thanks...
Freedom... yes. My 88 year old Mom came to live with us, so the tiny house is for her. My wife and I already built our own 1,100 square foot house...

We have a $15,000 budget for the tiny house.

So far, this is the cost break down:

Foundation: $1,000
Framed roofed painted windowed TuffShed shell: $4,200,
Interior framing for loft and stairs $650,
Electrical $760,
Plumbing: $1,300,
Shower unit: $810,
Kitchen unit $1,700,
Front door and roof skylight $500,
Insulation $210,
Drywall $450

TuffShed is shop built standard 2x4 construction building that is assembled painted roofed and windowed on the site completely in just ONE day!

RainDog

Quote from: tinybuilder on November 25, 2009, 10:21:05 PM

Thanks...
Freedom... yes. My 88 year old Mom came to live with us, so the tiny house is for her. My wife and I already built our own 1,100 square foot house...

Oh, I can see how this is gonna turn out right away...

You're the one that's gonna end up in the tiny house.

Mark my words.  rofl

NE OK

tinybuilder

Quote from: RainDog on November 26, 2009, 10:59:31 AM
Quote from: tinybuilder on November 25, 2009, 10:21:05 PM

Thanks...

Oh, I can see how this is gonna turn out right away...

You're the one that's gonna end up in the tiny house.

Mark my words.  rofl

No problem... we installed the tinyhouse doorknob so it locks from the outside... ;)

Hey, noticed your Gadsden avatar... would you happen to belong to the TEA Party?

RainDog

Hilarious!

I've been using the Gadsden flag avatar here and there since 9/11. No affiliation with the tea partiers.

Thanks. Haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Seeya around.

Parks

NE OK

tinysteve

This is a beautiful little home. I love the Dutch roof and deceptively roomy!

tinybuilder

Quote from: tinysteve on April 01, 2010, 06:53:08 PM
This is a beautiful little home. I love the Dutch roof and deceptively roomy!

Thanks...

It does feel roomy with a total of 7 windows... one in every wall, the door, upstairs on two ends, and a skylight in the ceiling.

Sorry, it's been a while since I posted. Business got busy and that took priority. The tiny house is almost move in ready!

The "tool space" with the blue drawers is the bed area.

Still to go is the shower stall kit, and the underground main electric line.... and we're still within the $15,000 budget for the complete living unit project.