Chicken House and feeder bins for sale

Started by ArkansasHillbilly, July 18, 2017, 05:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArkansasHillbilly

I just bought 40 acres that connected to our land and it has a 40x450ft chicken house on it. Metal is in good shape. I'm guessing it is about 20 years old. Metal trusses throughout. It also has 2 feeder bins. I haven't had a chance to measure them but they appear to be 8-10ft in diameter and about 20ft tall. They are in good shape as well. There is also some good wood and insulation inside. I'd love to sell it all as a package but I'm willing to sell whatever is needed or wanted. Asking $3500 obo for all of it. You are responsible for the takedown and haul off. I'll try to have some pics this weekend if anyone is interested. Thanks, Jeremy

Located about an hour northeast of Little Rock (an hour southeast of Jonesboro)

ArkansasHillbilly

Don_P

I wish you were closer, sounds like a good deal for a shop. Maybe try your area craigslist. I've seen the feed bins flipped upside down and used for a charcoal kiln... which is what I'm needing right now. Welcome to the forum  w*

ArkansasHillbilly

Thanks Don_P.  I listed it on Craigslist yesterday as well.  I just have to get back down to my land to take a few pics to help out the ad.  If I had the time I would take down part of it and rebuild a 40x60 (or 80) pole barn near our cabin.  I'm really wanting it moved off the dirt pad (it has a perimeter concrete footing that the building sits on) so I can disc it up and make a food plot.  It sits in a perfect spot and it seems like the dirt from the chicken house would be prime for growing some grub for the wildlife!

Don_P

It would probably be worthwhile to take a few soil samples from several places inside, mix them up and send in to extension to see what the soil is like, I'll bet it has plenty of N but may be outta whack on other nutrients.

ArkansasHillbilly

Very true...thanks!  We have a great local agent that works for the extension office.

ArkansasHillbilly

I'll make somebody a great deal if they can get it all gone in the next 4 weeks. $2500 for everything!

ArkansasHillbilly

Can somebody tell me how to download pics?

Don_P

Are you wanting to upload a pic into one of your posts? If so the forum doesn't "host" our pics, we have them stored in other places on the web and link to them to see them here. Here's a post about the recent trouble and workaround we've had doing that;
http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=14743.0

ArkansasHillbilly

Thank you Don_P.  Yes...I took some pics and wanted to post them,  If anybody is interested in some pics of the chicken house just text me at 870-919-3369 and i'll text them back.  Thanks!

ArkansasHillbilly

It's sold.  Thanks everyone for the replies.

Don_P

Good deal!
I was telling our mason about it and he was about ready to take a road trip.