Upstate NY

Started by new land owner, December 04, 2008, 05:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new land owner

Anyone building in Upstate ny?  I have my land cleared and I am working on my final plan.  I have had many final plans and it seems like I have a new Idea everyday.  I did buy the 30 x 30 plan and am working off that.

snowlover

I'm in the fingerlakes, looking to build in 2 yrs after paying off the land. If your near there I'm alway's looking to help. I work a firemans rotation, 4 on 4 off.
[cool] [cool] [cool]
Craig

new land owner

Greg

I also live in the finger lakes but I am planning to build near Saranac Lake.  When I was talking upstate I really ment it, LOL.

Tom

snowlover

Good luck with that. I think you need an act of congress to build there.

Bishopknight

I wish you luck.

Are you going to put pictures in this thread once you start building or are you just wondering if others live in that area?

kenhill

I grew up in Phelps, about 20 miles from Geneva on Seneca Lake.  Now in Anchorage, ak.

Where are you planning to build?

new land owner

I live in Clifton Springs, Right next to Phelps.  I will be building in a place called Loon Lake, about 10 Miles from Saranac lake.

I do plan to post pictures of my building as soon as I get started.

Squirl

Is that in the Adirondack Park region?  Can you let me know how building regulations are?  I heard some stories that they can be unfriendly in the blue line regions in NY. (Adirondack and Catskill)

new land owner

My land is in the Adirondack Park.  My lot is on a hamlet which allows for building on a 1 acre lot.  I have a brother in law who has built across the road from my sight and did not have any issues with the park agency.  Anyone looking to purchase land in the park should research it closely as there are differing lot size requirements when looking to build.  I know that the future you get out from a hamlet the larger lot size is needed to build on.  I do not have any knowledge of similar issues in the Catskills.

new land owner

I Thought I would send a few pictures of us clearing my lot. I have had the land for over a year and we have put alot of work into it.  The driveway is in and power has been run on the lot.  I have a camper on the lot and we are set until I get to build.

This is the first day with my brother and brother in Law helping to clear the lot.

It is nice to have a brother in law with a tractor

I had all of the stumps pulled and the Driveway put in.

The drive way is in

new land owner

I have built a storage building and thought I would show some pictures

As I am 5 hours from my land I pre built much of the building.

The floor is in.

I built all four wall at home and just had to stand them up when I got there.

View of the inside

View from the driveway.

glenn kangiser

Great prefab.  Looks like all worked well.
"Always work from the general to the specific." J. Raabe

Glenn's Underground Cabin  http://countryplans.com/smf/index.php?topic=151.0

Please put your area in your sig line so we can assist with location specific answers.

Jens

Very nice job with the pre-fab, gorgeous land, nice and green!
just spent a few days building a website, and didn't know that it could be so physically taxing to sit and do nothing all day!

ScottA

Great job on the shed.  :)